Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rash after DC Antibuotics?

Rash after DC Antibuotics?

Has anyone ever gotten a rash on their body after they've stopped antibiotics?

I stopped my IV regimen of Imipenum, Vancomycin, and Tobramycin on Monday. Its the first time I've had this cocktail. I had no side effects of the skin for the 3 week duration, but Tuesday I woke up with a mild itchy rash on my legs. Now 2 days later its on my whole body, and itching. It's not bright red, but the skin overall is real inflamed, and warm feeling. And so itchy.

I find it odd that I'd get a rash after stopping abx, but i haven't started anything new since stopping the meds, or had any weird foods. Is it a detox thing?

Quote Originally Posted by mamaScarlett View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten a rash on their body after they've stopped antibiotics?

I stopped my IV regimen of Imipenum, Vancomycin, and Tobramycin on Monday. Its the first time I've had this cocktail. I had no side effects of the skin for the 3 week duration, but Tuesday I woke up with a mild itchy rash on my legs. Now 2 days later its on my whole body, and itching. It's not bright red, but the skin overall is real inflamed, and warm feeling. And so itchy.

I find it odd that I'd get a rash after stopping abx, but i haven't started anything new since stopping the meds, or had any weird foods. Is it a detox thing?
    This happened to my daughter a few years back.....serum sickness.
    There was nothing that could be done except oatmeal baths and let it run its course. I am sorry you are going through this, I remember how itchy my daughter was.

lifeisgood729
    One time I woke up with a rash on my face and swollen eyelids a day or two after being discharged from the hospital. I can't remember which antibiotics I had been on, but the reaction definitely happened after I DCed the IV treatment. My doctor prescribed prednisone, and the rash cleared pretty quickly.

Martha
    45 w/CF, mom to 3, no CF

A debt of gratitude is in order for posting this information. I simply need to tell you that I simply look at your site and I discover it exceptionally fascinating and educational. I can hardly wait to peruse bunches of your posts. smm panels

I needed to thank you for this incredible read!! I unquestionably adored each and every piece of it. I have you bookmarked your site to look at the new stuff you post. RoyalCBD.com

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up Superslot

Winner of Best of Yolo County 2020 and Best of Weedmaps Kind Farma is Davis California& Premier medical and recreational Cannabis dispensary. kind farms

Enamel Badges provides a massive range of custom enamel badges in the UK. we offer soft and hard enamel badges, die struck badges, and printed badges. enamel badges

Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. https://allfoodmenuprices.org/

OnlyMP3 helps you to convert YouTube videos to music (audio) files with just one click. You don't have to Signup or install any software to convert YouTube to MP3 files. It's as easy as apple pie. We also support unlimited YouTube videos to convert into mp3 online and save them to your Dropbox account. To convert a video you just have to copy and paste the video URL into our converter and we will auto convert YouTube Video to Audio File, You can also click the DropBox button to save the file to the cloud platform. Enjoy unlimited YouTube videos to mp3 conversions online free in the best available quality. It’s a completely free and secure service. youtube to music