Thread: Disability and working part-time

Disability and working part-time

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is on disability either SSI or SSDI and is working part-time. Can you explain the process to me? I am confused and calling SSA made me even more confused. I really want to work part time but I am afraid they will take away my benefits from me or decide to re-open my case. I am doing better now than how I was at the time I went on disability but as you all know that can change quickly. I just got admitted this past week for another exacerbation. I appreciate any information or knowledge that is thrown my way. Thanks in advance.

KK

I was working part time with disability, but can't any longer.I think it also depends on what state you're in too. In Ohio, you are allowed to make up to a certain amount each month (it's been a couple of years so I'm not sure the exact amount.) Anything over that amount goes against you and you essentially get a strike and it's recorded. If you make more than allowed in certain amount of time, they will reopen your case. I believe you get like 3 strikes. There is a state program though, that will allow you to work as much as you can and still receive disability. I believe the state will help you find a job and I'm not 100% sure on the rest of the details of how the it works. Everything varies per state so it might help if you put where your located.

Greetings! If you have absolutely no experience of working on the Internet, but have a great desire, then I recommend that you go to the site https://writingcreek.com/for-beginners/, these guys provide not very difficult jobs and pay quite well for them. I made great money last month and I recommend it to you!