PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Medicine

Momtana
12-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I am wondering what alternative/complementary health care approaches others with CF use. I have had monthly acupuncture treatments for over 12 years - starting with concerns about persistent sinus infection - which was several years before my CF diagnosis. Keeps me well, I think.
I've also experienced cranial sacral therapy, visceral manipulation, lymphatic massage, see a naturopath who helps me figure out supplements and just started restorative yoga. Please share any approaches you have tried and especially those you find to be helpful.

Momtana
I am wondering what alternative/complementary health care approaches others with CF use. I have had monthly acupuncture treatments for over 12 years - starting with concerns about persistent sinus infection - which was several years before my CF diagnosis. Keeps me well, I think.
I've also experienced cranial sacral therapy, visceral manipulation, lymphatic massage, see a naturopath who helps me figure out supplements and just started restorative yoga. Please share any approaches you have tried and especially those you find to be helpful.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

wanderlost
12-15-2007, 11:41 PM
I've practiced yoga for several years and found it to be beneficial - not really a treatment, but sort of a way of life.

I am going ot start on the NAC soon.

I do things lke raw garlic when I am not feeling well and other natural and homeopathic remedies always before I turn to meds and abxs

I have done acupuncture only once (I wish I could afford to go more often) and I thought it was amazing. I would love to find a way to incorporate it into my routine.

um....right now I think that's it - oh, and I use essential oils as well for headaches, colds etc. I find them to be a a nice supplement to whatever other things I am doing.

wanderlost
I've practiced yoga for several years and found it to be beneficial - not really a treatment, but sort of a way of life.

I do things lke raw garlic when I am not feeling well and other natural and homeopathic remedies always before I turn to meds and abxs

I have done acupuncture only once (I wish I could afford to go more often) and I thought it was amazing. I would love to find a way to incorporate it into my routine.

um....right now I think that's it - oh, and I use essential oils as well for headaches, colds etc. I find them to be a a nice supplement to whatever other things I am doing.

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

Kelli
12-16-2007, 01:33 AM
The only thing I really do is I get regular massages.
I'd like to do more alternative and homeopathic but it's so expensive.

Good for you though!

Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

Good for you though!

Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

Good for you though!

Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

Good for you though!

Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

Good for you though!

Kelli
30 f CF

JennifersHope
12-16-2007, 02:03 AM
I used to get regular massages, I have not found a place in SC yet to get them but I will as of January when I have more time..

One of the nurses I work with is also an accupuncturist and I am really thinking about having her do some stuff with me..... mostly for pain control....

Neither one is covered by insurance so I have to see

In an ideal world, I would incorporate, massage, accupunture and some kind of other relaxations therapy.. Also I am honestly thinking of joining some type of place to help build muscle back in my body

JennifersHope
I used to get regular massages, I have not found a place in SC yet to get them but I will as of January when I have more time..

One of the nurses I work with is also an accupuncturist and I am really thinking about having her do some stuff with me..... mostly for pain control....

In an ideal world, I would incorporate, massage, accupunture and some kind of other relaxations therapy.. Also I am honestly thinking of joining some type of place to help build muscle back in my body

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JazzysMom
12-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I have recently discovere Reiki. It works great. I also enjoy my massages, but the affects of Reiki last longer.

JazzysMom
I have recently discovere Reiki. It works great. I also enjoy my massages, but the affects of Reiki last longer.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Momtana
12-16-2007, 03:13 AM
Melissa, what does Reiki do? How does it help?
you are right, Kelli, it is expensive! that's why I have tried but can't maintain these other treatments.
insurance has covered some acupuncture in the past ... this year's policy doesn't.

Momtana
you are right, Kelli, it is expensive! that's why I have tried but can't maintain these other treatments.
insurance has covered some acupuncture in the past ... this year's policy doesn't.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana