Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinus infections and antibiotics

Sinus infections and antibiotics

My older child does not have CF, but she does get sinus infections and is on antibiotics about three times a year. Now that Sam is here and his three months old with CF, I read about how antibiotics could kill off good bacteria, and leave room for bad bacteria, which could be passed from person to person. I want to make my home and my family safe. What are some good things I can try to help my four year old without CF be healthy so that my three-month old with CF is not negatively affected? The four year old is allergic to normal things - dust, mold, dogs, pollen. Does this indicate a tougher time for my little one if he inherits the same allergies as his parents and sibling?
    Thanks so much,
    rosesixtyfive,
    mother of Samuel, 3 months, (dx at birth), DDf508 and a fighter

My older child does not have CF, but she does get sinus infections and is on antibiotics about three times a year. Now that Sam is here and his three months old with CF, I read about how antibiotics could kill off good bacteria, and leave room for bad bacteria, which could be passed from person to person. I want to make my home and my family safe. What are some good things I can try to help my four year old without CF be healthy so that my three-month old with CF is not negatively affected? The four year old is allergic to normal things - dust, mold, dogs, pollen. Does this indicate a tougher time for my little one if he inherits the same allergies as his parents and sibling?
    Thanks so much,
    rosesixtyfive,

Thanks so much,
    rosesixtyfive,

Thanks so much,
    rosesixtyfive,

<br />Thanks so much,
    <br />rosesixtyfive,
    <br />mother of Samuel, 3 months, (dx at birth), DDf508 and a fighter

I just wanted to add that I made an effort this fall to keep my four year old healthy. I tried adding good yogurt, getting her to bed earlier, eating healthier, keeping her away from sick people, and she is has still been on antibiotics twice - once in September and once right now in December. I just worry if I can't keep my non-CF child safe from sinus infections, how will I ever keep my child with CF safe from lung infections.

I just wanted to add that I made an effort this fall to keep my four year old healthy. I tried adding good yogurt, getting her to bed earlier, eating healthier, keeping her away from sick people, and she is has still been on antibiotics twice - once in September and once right now in December. I just worry if I can't keep my non-CF child safe from sinus infections, how will I ever keep my child with CF safe from lung infections.