Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Mold in my bathroom...

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12

    Mold in my bathroom...

    Betting its is mildew, but either way a strong bleach solution will cure it. To help prevent keep the bathroom ventilated as much as possible during and after showers and routine cleaning.

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12

    Mold in my bathroom...

    Betting its is mildew, but either way a strong bleach solution will cure it. To help prevent keep the bathroom ventilated as much as possible during and after showers and routine cleaning.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,297

    Mold in my bathroom...

    I have a bathroom that is very poorly ventilated. I installed a deshumidifier in it, it works like a charm, never had any issues with mold or anything. The only downside is the electric bill, so I only run it around showers time.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,297

    Mold in my bathroom...

    I have a bathroom that is very poorly ventilated. I installed a deshumidifier in it, it works like a charm, never had any issues with mold or anything. The only downside is the electric bill, so I only run it around showers time.

  5. #85
    Matt31
    Guest
    I actually ran into the same prob this past year. When I was helping to get raid off it. We had to replace the floors in the bathroom. So it was a couple day process. The 2nd day I was in the hospital from it. This is very serious issue!! Please b careful!!!

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,550
    As others said mold is serious for Cfers. And when its caught early you can get rid of it, but I've found only if you use bleach. But, bleach also sends me into bronchospasm. So its for this reason that I now have someone come in to clean my bathrooms for me. The products that kill mold are not good for our lungs. But mold is probably more serious, long term.

  7. #87
    bookworm
    Guest
    Been there, done that...met with the engineer to figure out what to do. Still didn't find all the answers, but kept looking and found these products that are safe:

    Concrobium - gets rid of mold and is used by remediation professionals and is non-toxic. Here are the Material Safety Data Sheets.http://www.concrobiumpro.com/technical-resources/

    Home product for Concrobium is excellent and is easily available in Home Depot, Lowes etc. http://www.concrobium.com. I love this stuff so much I take a spray bottle to hotel rooms when I travel. It works, it's non-toxic, relief is immediate.

    Also if you have an air-conditioning coil you may have a huge mold issue that you're not aware of. Here's the product that works to get rid of this. http://www.steril-aire.com/ If you have someone who's handy in your home, they can install it themselves. There's a you-tube video for it.

    In remediation, make sure you have the area closed off, Hepa filtration units used, you out of the house for at least a week. Have them spray Concrobium on the areas where any materials have been removed before new ones are placed on top. (Let the Concrobium dry, add new insulation, drywall etc.) As extra insurance, have someone you trust supervise the work to make sure it is done right .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •