Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Length of hospital stays

Length of hospital stays

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><em>Originally posted by: <strong>mrsRLP920</strong></em> I struggle with this at every exacerbation & admission......
    .......So, now I pretty much stay in for the full 2 weeks. I feel like the docs/nurses think I'm a little crazy (lazy??!!?) because compared to other CFers on the floor I seem pretty healthy (FEV1 ~ 45-50% predicted)......
    .....At least in the hospital there are people to worry about bringing me my meds at the right time (even if I'm sleeping so I don't have to set alarms), making sure I eat 3 good meals/day (I do - and I gain weight!) & do my VEST 3-4x/day. Really, there's not much else to do in this little room. The only thing I struggle with is that I don't really cough when I'm in the hospital......
    .......But long story, just a few sentences longer; I think I prefer to be in the hospital now to get "taken care of".</end quote>

Unfortunately, most of the urgent care centers around the Springfield Mass area now only keep patients for around 1 week and them send them to a longer term care center, such as Kindred Park View here in Springfield, which I have made it a note in my charts to no longer send me to after the past two visits have been less then satisfactory. So now the only other choice is home IV therepy, which I do not mind because I have done it before. I have suggested to a few people in positions of power to have Baystate try the "Hospital In Hospital" program, where a long term acute care wing is located right in the same hospital as the urgent care wings. They have recently expanded and opened up a new building, so they can use the older wings for that purpose. I also have two other doctors who have taken care of me in the past that I can have "lobby the powers that be" to allow me to stay the whole two weeks of antibiotics.

Length of hospital stays

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><em>Originally posted by: <strong>mrsRLP920</strong></em> I struggle with this at every exacerbation & admission......
    .......So, now I pretty much stay in for the full 2 weeks. I feel like the docs/nurses think I'm a little crazy (lazy??!!?) because compared to other CFers on the floor I seem pretty healthy (FEV1 ~ 45-50% predicted)......
    .....At least in the hospital there are people to worry about bringing me my meds at the right time (even if I'm sleeping so I don't have to set alarms), making sure I eat 3 good meals/day (I do - and I gain weight!) & do my VEST 3-4x/day. Really, there's not much else to do in this little room. The only thing I struggle with is that I don't really cough when I'm in the hospital......
    .......But long story, just a few sentences longer; I think I prefer to be in the hospital now to get "taken care of".</end quote>

Unfortunately, most of the urgent care centers around the Springfield Mass area now only keep patients for around 1 week and them send them to a longer term care center, such as Kindred Park View here in Springfield, which I have made it a note in my charts to no longer send me to after the past two visits have been less then satisfactory. So now the only other choice is home IV therepy, which I do not mind because I have done it before. I have suggested to a few people in positions of power to have Baystate try the "Hospital In Hospital" program, where a long term acute care wing is located right in the same hospital as the urgent care wings. They have recently expanded and opened up a new building, so they can use the older wings for that purpose. I also have two other doctors who have taken care of me in the past that I can have "lobby the powers that be" to allow me to stay the whole two weeks of antibiotics.

Length of hospital stays

My longest hospital stay was 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by witzersmom View Post
    .....dsnt sleep well.<br>
    The Doesn't Sleep Well I can agree with, especially this particular recent admission - There were several times where I never slept at all or if I did (not comfortable trying to sleep with an IJ line in your neck, and hard to turn over with an IV tube and the pump on the wrong side of the bed), I got woke up rather early for unnecessary med schedules like my Pancrelipase at 5am in the morning when breakfast was still more then 3 hours away. Boy did I have the doctor change that quickly!

I think people need to look ahead to offer some served residing house or service to their elders as there are some very well structured old age houses will work around some nations, who are offering all necessary and five celebrity features for the elderly people, to stay individually and comfrotably. Also offering medical service according to their needs.
    tweed heads aged care homes
    Fairways Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/
    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

I hate hospitals. My longest stay had been two weeks when i was 7yo and i knock on wood i never have to do this again. When im on IVs i beg my doctors to discharge me the same day but they always refuse. Normally they keep me for another day. I think thats because they have to run all kinds of tests blood work xrays etc. Im perfectly fine with home IVs. My mom does all the work (thank GOd) and above all we are all closer to our normal routine. Im not able to sleep in the hospital, i dont like the food the smell, i hate everything. Nurses always tell me im like a lion in a cage. I just wanna go. Im not really sick, IVs are a process for us CFers, so ill do it but ill do it my way.

Hehe, my last "stay" was nonexistent. Got the PICC in and walked out, did the meds at home. I'm a bit neurotic about nosocomial infections, my doc understand that thankfully.

For My Grandson it is always 2 weeks at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in ATL. He is there right now matter of fact and his physician told me when I get ahold of them I want to get my money's worth - meaning she wants him to get as much IV therapy and all the "other therapies" he can get !
    Carol Lynn, grandmother to Jaden born 1/23/2008 dx 3/10/2010 w/ Delta F508, R560K and Y569C, pancreatic insufficient.