Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone F508/D1152H?

Suzanne12
    Hi. I am Suzanne12 who wrote from 2011. My daughter has F508 and D1152H. She is doing great! Diagnosed at 6,, she had multiple pneumonias. Everything becomes respiratory. Pancreas okay. No enzymes. Pulmozyme and vest daily but Xopenex during illness. Lots of allergies. Normal sweat test. Life is great!

Suzanne12
    Hi again. I forgot to mention that my daughter is now 12. She did test positive for pseudomonas twice this year but is now clear. She had never tested positive for any bacteria before, so that shook us both up a bit. Become educated as knowledge is power. She is doing great with the help of exercise and taking therapy seriously. Make sure pulmonologist and pediatrician work well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne12 View Post
    Hi again. I forgot to mention that my daughter is now 12. She did test positive for pseudomonas twice this year but is now clear. She had never tested positive for any bacteria before, so that shook us both up a bit. Become educated as knowledge is power. She is doing great with the help of exercise and taking therapy seriously. Make sure pulmonologist and pediatrician work well together.
    I developed Staph in my Uvula, tonsils and Sinus a few months ago. My first respiratory Staph in 58 yrs. Penicillin VK prescribed by PCP rapidly chased it into my ears and Bronchials. My CF Drs. Prescribed Zyvox to replace PVK. After 14 days I was fine, only Zyvox has much farther reaching effects on teeth, skin and digestion. It can also have an serious elevating effect on INR as it is related to Xarelto, and on blood sugar, and Hydration. Use it, but use a measure of caution to adjust other meds accordingly. Make certain your infection is gram positive by culturing.

Hi! I was just recently diagnosed with CF delta f508/D1152H At 31. I have NO symptoms. Was never prone to chest infections, not even asthma-like symptoms. I was recently tested at a CF center and all my tests came back normal. I feel very lucky, but also very confused. How can I have CF with zero symptoms?