Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt Water Studies

Toddhs

Salt Water Studies

I had read about the salt water study that came out earlier this year with some positive results (I believe the New England Journal of Medicine). My questions are whether anyone has heard any follow up to that study and whether anyone has used a salt water pool as a means of exercise (and whether that is something anyone has suggested).

Thank you so much for any information you have.

Todd.

Toddhs

Salt Water Studies

I had read about the salt water study that came out earlier this year with some positive results (I believe the New England Journal of Medicine). My questions are whether anyone has heard any follow up to that study and whether anyone has used a salt water pool as a means of exercise (and whether that is something anyone has suggested).

Todd.

Toddhs

Salt Water Studies

Todd.

Salt Water Studies

I did hear of a study done in Australia. I never read it, but heard about it through the doctors. It was about CF surfers I guess. It seems that salt water was very beneficial.
    Again, I didn't read the study and I have not heard anything about salt water pools. It would be something to look into though if you enjoy swimming.
    Good luck,
    Jenn

Salt Water Studies

I did hear of a study done in Australia. I never read it, but heard about it through the doctors. It was about CF surfers I guess. It seems that salt water was very beneficial.
    Again, I didn't read the study and I have not heard anything about salt water pools. It would be something to look into though if you enjoy swimming.
    Good luck,
    Jenn

Salt Water Studies

Good luck,
    Jenn

Salt Water Studies

I don't have an answer to your question, but my son's CF doctor did mention that if we're gonna go swimming, the best place is the beach because of the salt!

Salt Water Studies

I don't have an answer to your question, but my son's CF doctor did mention that if we're gonna go swimming, the best place is the beach because of the salt!

Salt Water Studies

cfangel03

Salt Water Studies

My daughter who is three tried the hypertonic saline - salt water by nebulizer.
    1st you take albuterol, to open the lungs, then the hypertonic saline. She complained that it burned her throat, so we discontinued use. you may have better luck. I will try again when she gets a bit older.
    Leah Orr