Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Gain

Weight Gain

Incomudrox:

OH MY GOD, I DIDN'T KNOW. I'll stop eating ICE CREAM AND POTATO CHIPS now.

Well maybe not.

Bill

Weight Gain

Incomudrox:

Well maybe not.

Bill

Weight Gain

Incomudrox:
    <br />
    <br />OH MY GOD, I DIDN'T KNOW. I'll stop eating ICE CREAM AND POTATO CHIPS now.
    <br />
    <br />Well maybe not.
    <br />
    <br />Bill

Weight Gain

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i>

Incomudrox:

Well maybe not.

Bill</end quote></div><br><br>We can't all know everything now can we? I'm picking up what you are putting down.... I'll leave my statement as it was, however I'm trying to warn the young kids who are being misinformed. Everyone can live their life as they choose, but should also be informed so they can make their own decisions with the information they are given. If you want to eat potato chips and icecream no one is stopping you, and obviously you will not let anyone stop you. That is your choice and it should be respected. I could say more but I won't.<br>

Weight Gain

Incomudrox:

Well maybe not.

Bill</end quote><br><br>We can't all know everything now can we? I'm picking up what you are putting down.... I'll leave my statement as it was, however I'm trying to warn the young kids who are being misinformed. Everyone can live their life as they choose, but should also be informed so they can make their own decisions with the information they are given. If you want to eat potato chips and icecream no one is stopping you, and obviously you will not let anyone stop you. That is your choice and it should be respected. I could say more but I won't.<br>

Weight Gain

Incomudrox:

Well maybe not.

Bill</end quote><br><br>We can't all know everything now can we? I'm picking up what you are putting down.... I'll leave my statement as it was, however I'm trying to warn the young kids who are being misinformed. Everyone can live their life as they choose, but should also be informed so they can make their own decisions with the information they are given. If you want to eat potato chips and icecream no one is stopping you, and obviously you will not let anyone stop you. That is your choice and it should be respected. I could say more but I won't.<br>

Weight Gain

I have to agree, just because high fat and huge amounts of carbs will put on weight, it's extremely unhealthy. I've seen a complete 180 in the nutritionist team at my center. They recommend fats, but good fats such as nuts or avocado and if you eat carbs, make sure you balance it with something that metabolizes more slowly. No more do they say to go out and consume junk food in large quantities. I think this is still a very large misconception in the CF community.

Weight Gain

I have to agree, just because high fat and huge amounts of carbs will put on weight, it's extremely unhealthy. I've seen a complete 180 in the nutritionist team at my center. They recommend fats, but good fats such as nuts or avocado and if you eat carbs, make sure you balance it with something that metabolizes more slowly. No more do they say to go out and consume junk food in large quantities. I think this is still a very large misconception in the CF community.

Weight Gain

Super Moderator

Weight Gain

DS likes eating nuts; however, due to his digestive/blockage issues in his past he needs to limit his intake. Too much of a good thing. So no mass quantities -- everything in moderation. Popcorn is fine though.&nbsp; Dairy seems to be okay -- he prefers aged cheddar cheese. Also prefers saltier things to sweets, which if fine 'cuz I surely don't need cookies, ice cream, candy in the house if he's not going to eat it.