Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy High Calorie Foods (not so much dairy and sugar)?

Healthy High Calorie Foods (not so much dairy and sugar)?

Ok... so this is my first time here. I have a 1 year old son that was diagnosed with CF at 8 months. We are doing so much better now and I am at peace with his diagnosis for the most part.

He loves food and eating which is a big help, but we are still dealing with weight issues. I have been trying to find more ways to add calories in a healthy way (not so much diary and sugar) to his diet. So far I am using fish oils, butter, olive oils, whole milk and cream, yogurt, COCONUT OIL AND BUTTER (which are my favorite so far). What are others using? Does anyone have a recipe for a high calorie drink/shake that isn't loaded with sugar and milk? (Both of which are mucous forming and sugar is really hard on the immune system of a child) Thanks for your help.

Ok... so this is my first time here. I have a 1 year old son that was diagnosed with CF at 8 months. We are doing so much better now and I am at peace with his diagnosis for the most part.

He loves food and eating which is a big help, but we are still dealing with weight issues. I have been trying to find more ways to add calories in a healthy way (not so much diary and sugar) to his diet. So far I am using fish oils, butter, olive oils, whole milk and cream, yogurt, COCONUT OIL AND BUTTER (which are my favorite so far). What are others using? Does anyone have a recipe for a high calorie drink/shake that isn't loaded with sugar and milk? (Both of which are mucous forming and sugar is really hard on the immune system of a child) Thanks for your help.

Olymama

HI, just wanted to say I also am looking for the same thing. My ten month old is doing great just needs more weight the doc says.
    Avocado is another great choice my little guy loves.

Olymama

HI, just wanted to say I also am looking for the same thing. My ten month old is doing great just needs more weight the doc says.

Olymama

Olymama

Olymama