Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any marathoners with cf here?

Any marathoners with cf here?

I ran my first marathon about 5 years ago. At the time I was running 3 miles about 4 times a week at 10min/mile pace. It's totally feasible if you have the patience to train for it. And it does great things for the lungs! Just make sure (especially when running outside in the summer) that you drink enough and take salt tablets to replenish your system. Hal Higdon has some great novice training programs to follow. Good luck!

I ran my first marathon about 5 years ago. At the time I was running 3 miles about 4 times a week at 10min/mile pace. It's totally feasible if you have the patience to train for it. And it does great things for the lungs! Just make sure (especially when running outside in the summer) that you drink enough and take salt tablets to replenish your system. Hal Higdon has some great novice training programs to follow. Good luck!

Hi Lindsay-

Are you still doing marathons? I've been doing some shorter races lately, but plan on doing a 1/2 in Nov. I've never used salt tablets - just lots of water and gatorade. I do get salty though after a run. YUCK! Do you notice a difference in your performance with using the salt? I'll do anything to speed up my time - I've really become competitive this year.

Luci
    29/cf

Hi Lindsay-

Are you still doing marathons? I've been doing some shorter races lately, but plan on doing a 1/2 in Nov. I've never used salt tablets - just lots of water and gatorade. I do get salty though after a run. YUCK! Do you notice a difference in your performance with using the salt? I'll do anything to speed up my time - I've really become competitive this year.

Luci
    29/cf

Hi Lindsay-

Luci
    29/cf

Hi Lindsay-

Luci
    29/cf

Hi Lindsay-
    <br />
    <br />Are you still doing marathons? I've been doing some shorter races lately, but plan on doing a 1/2 in Nov. I've never used salt tablets - just lots of water and gatorade. I do get salty though after a run. YUCK! Do you notice a difference in your performance with using the salt? I'll do anything to speed up my time - I've really become competitive this year.
    <br />
    <br />Luci
    <br />29/cf