Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight lifting and exercise

Markus

Weight lifting and exercise

creatine is a good supplement but what a lot of the weight that you gain off of it is water weight. Creatine sucks water into the cell while creating more ATP for the muscles to use. So if you use it make sure that you drink enough water and while the directions say that you need 10 grams of it most people only need 5 and you do not need to do the loading phase.

Cheers

Markus

creatine is a good supplement but what a lot of the weight that you gain off of it is water weight. Creatine sucks water into the cell while creating more ATP for the muscles to use. So if you use it make sure that you drink enough water and while the directions say that you need 10 grams of it most people only need 5 and you do not need to do the loading phase.

Cheers

be careful with 'mass' drinks .. they are usually loaded with sugar to get the calorie score up and you are askin for the rapid onset of cfrd guzzlin those.

iv never used those BUT in march i decided to pile drive the calories and lift weights to bulk up (which i find easy to do) .. i went from 166lbs to 182 in five weeks .. basically i was eatin round clock .. i suddenly felt awful and couldnt eat.. i then got blurred vision and a ragin thirst. im now on insulin ,lol.

aparently this disgustin amount of calories didnt cause my rapid onset of cfrd (accordin to the diabetes nurse).. oh really !

remember that rome was not built in a day . safe n healthy weight gain takes time and persistance. also be careful of your protein intake . the 'magazines' will convince you that you need stellar amounts of protein to build muscle which is blatantly untrue. carbs are far more important than protein .. so only increase protein a little if at all. i was eatin crazy amount s.. but when diabetes kicked in , my cells were bein starved of carbs and iv lost 34lbs of weight .. despite high protein intake.

creatine is only effective at creatin intra muscular water retention .. which you will lose when you come off. are you really interested in taxin your kydneys for a temporary muscle bloat ?

and remeber .. big protein intake is only effective if you use anabolic steroids cuz then muscle buildin is a whole different ball game due to increased protein synthesis and nitrogen retention due to said compounds. all pro bodybuilders you see in the mags shillin protein powders are on ASTRONOMICAL amounts of androgens .. for christ's sake dont follow their diet recomendations .. your natural body wont handle it.

rule of thumb ...... blast each body part once per week then rest it cuz you only grow when you rest. do as much cardio as you can inbetween although this may slightly slow your weight gain .. but your lungs will feel mega. trust me .. an increased FEV1 readin is far more satisfyin than a higher readin on the weight scales.

hope this helps .

be careful with 'mass' drinks .. they are usually loaded with sugar to get the calorie score up and you are askin for the rapid onset of cfrd guzzlin those.

iv never used those BUT in march i decided to pile drive the calories and lift weights to bulk up (which i find easy to do) .. i went from 166lbs to 182 in five weeks .. basically i was eatin round clock .. i suddenly felt awful and couldnt eat.. i then got blurred vision and a ragin thirst. im now on insulin ,lol.

aparently this disgustin amount of calories didnt cause my rapid onset of cfrd (accordin to the diabetes nurse).. oh really !

remember that rome was not built in a day . safe n healthy weight gain takes time and persistance. also be careful of your protein intake . the 'magazines' will convince you that you need stellar amounts of protein to build muscle which is blatantly untrue. carbs are far more important than protein .. so only increase protein a little if at all. i was eatin crazy amount s.. but when diabetes kicked in , my cells were bein starved of carbs and iv lost 34lbs of weight .. despite high protein intake.

creatine is only effective at creatin intra muscular water retention .. which you will lose when you come off. are you really interested in taxin your kydneys for a temporary muscle bloat ?

and remeber .. big protein intake is only effective if you use anabolic steroids cuz then muscle buildin is a whole different ball game due to increased protein synthesis and nitrogen retention due to said compounds. all pro bodybuilders you see in the mags shillin protein powders are on ASTRONOMICAL amounts of androgens .. for christ's sake dont follow their diet recomendations .. your natural body wont handle it.

rule of thumb ...... blast each body part once per week then rest it cuz you only grow when you rest. do as much cardio as you can inbetween although this may slightly slow your weight gain .. but your lungs will feel mega. trust me .. an increased FEV1 readin is far more satisfyin than a higher readin on the weight scales.

hope this helps .

hope this helps .

you still need protein intake to build muscle depending on how much you want your muscles to be, carbohydrates provide you with the energy so you would need more of these if you go to the gym for hours, your body does need carbs but also do not drop the intake of protein you can quite easily get a good amount of this if you can eat properly tuna fish is a good source ,cheese obviously and cottage cheese is also very high and if you could stomach them fresh raw eggs and high fat milk is also a good builder, and i am also satill astrong believer training both sets of muscle groups at the same time to get muscle definition, e.g. triceps then biceps, and always cardio work variable also remember muscle weighs more than fat.

you still need protein intake to build muscle depending on how much you want your muscles to be, carbohydrates provide you with the energy so you would need more of these if you go to the gym for hours, your body does need carbs but also do not drop the intake of protein you can quite easily get a good amount of this if you can eat properly tuna fish is a good source ,cheese obviously and cottage cheese is also very high and if you could stomach them fresh raw eggs and high fat milk is also a good builder, and i am also satill astrong believer training both sets of muscle groups at the same time to get muscle definition, e.g. triceps then biceps, and always cardio work variable also remember muscle weighs more than fat.

swimming also is a very good excercise for increasing lung capacity and helps very well with breathing could be done after gym.

swimming also is a very good excercise for increasing lung capacity and helps very well with breathing could be done after gym.