Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments on Real World cast memeber.

RE:Comments on Real World cast memeber.

I watched the first show on the real world and i also couldn't believe that Frankie would smoke knowing how it will effect her, and her cf. I am a newlywed of a man with CF, and knowing that we don't really know 100% how long he may live, and then to watch her harm herself that way makes me want to cry. We pray everyday that he will live to our daughter grow up, and get married, but we don't really know if that will happen. Frankie needs to wake up and see how much she is affecting everybody that is watching the show. I hope that her being on the show will enlighten americans to the disease, and with all the coverage she is getting just from the first show, we know it will.praying for a cure

Jenna- that was a wonderful contribution and i am so sorry for the loss of your sisters. Your response made me think also about how despite the fact that I live a normal life but still have CF, there are a lot of CF people out there who are much sicker than me, and younger, and if I didn't dislike Frankie's attitude already, I did even more simply because the way she is acting is not only sad on her part, but it is extremely insulting to those of us (you) who have seen firsthand the harsh reality and pain of this disease. Blatant disregard of the disease, even in her explanation of it (which was incorrect), insults those of us who struggle with it every day, and take it seriously.

Hi! I am 25 years old with CF. I was diagnosed when I was 18. I also play tennis and I have been teaching 1st grade for 3 years now. I would love to talk with you. If you are interested, please respond. Alaina

I started the topic and im glad to see there has been good conversation, but I have to agree with some people Frankie will not be an inspiration to me. I totally agree that it is an individuals right to do what they please, even if it is smoking w/cf. Dealing with cf since birth my motto has always been live life to the fulliest like im sure most of us do, but there is a fine line that should not be crossed. I feel Frankie needs to rememebr there are younger cf patients watching her every move, she choose to be in the spotlight. Another point, MTV does edit and create PLOTS in the real world episodes, rememebr its entertainment. To Alaina, I would love to chat. AOL name = beaudz93 or email [email protected]

well i am not suprised becasue some people still aren't in reality that it isnt real to them, cause no harm has really been set inLindsey sOLENBERGER

RE: Comments on Real World cast memeber.

"Dealing with cf since birth my motto has always been live life to the fulliest like im sure most of us do, but there is a fine line that should not be crossed." Yup, very well said. When I think of people that can be used as role models to those with CF, Mallory Code, a golfer with CF at the U. of Florida, and Charlotte Reardon, a cross-country runner with CF at the U. of Rochester (who incidentally was on a very interesting Discovery Channel documentary on DC Childrens hospital a few years ago) come to my mind. They are both collegians and athletes, people taking their lives seriously, taking very good care of their bodies, and having fun with it. They will go far with their lives. Frankie and others like her, I'm not so sure.

Yeah I saw the first episode of the Real World by chance by walking into someone else's room here at college in Minnesota, and the second I walk in Frankie starts talking about how she has CF and it was a relief to me to see someone her age still doing so well. I'm 19 too (like you Scarlett. P.S. where are you from? [email protected] if you want to talk, i've never known anyone else with CF) and I'm doing perfect, but I still get shaken up by the possibilities of the disease down the road you know. I hope they do educate people on CF on the show, I personally did my senior high school speech on it last year and the only thing that came of it was my classmates being more knowledgable and gaining some support for a secret I kept from them for 13 years.

Hi Alaina, My name is Tim and I'm almost 20 and I have Cf too. I was just reading through these messages since I happened to see the Real World Episode with Frankie the girl with Cf, and I've never known anyone else with Cf so i was just responding to your note, on the off chance you'd want to talk. my email is [email protected] if you're interested. Bye!

I'm the mother of a CF son 14 yrs. old........... only found this site yesterday and well,,,,,,,,, I'mso glad to find a group of people who have CF or have a loved one with CF. And the discussions ofthe CF Real World....... how refreshing to hear the opinions. My son is going to be thrilled when Itell him about this site. He wants to e-mail with another CF person....................................... and nowso many!!!!!!!!!!! The Real World young lady,,,,,,,,,,,,,, she is just being a kid!

hi lizathe real world is on on tuesday nights at 10 so tune in