Thread: Nasal administration of antibiotics. With most Cfers we have pseudomonas in our sinus

Nasal administration of antibiotics. With most Cfers we have pseudomonas in our sinus

Does anyone do nasal administration of antibiotics? If so would you mind sharing what antibiotic or antibiotics and much, mg etc. as well how it is administered in how much saline or distilled water.
    Do you mix your solution or does a pharmacy?
    Thanks for sharing!
    I am 69yrs. old delta F508, one of four siblings, diagnosed at age 12, three of us had CF. Bother passed away with CF when he was 24, some 30 yrs. ago. I worked 35 yrs. in Nuclear Medicine, retired in 2004 at age 57 to to take better care of my CF. Have been married to my bride 49 yrs.. Great woman to have put up with me this long. We adopted two children, 3 days old when adopted, now 40yrs. old with total of 5 grandchildren. My lung function is FEV1 of 25% FVC 90%.

I tried gentamicin in my sinus rinse. Prescribed a vial that I used a syringe to take out the amount and add to my rinse. I did not continue since it was not effective. I had better luck with nebulized antibiotics - breathing through my nose as well. I have read where people get their sinuses flushed with antibiotics periodically by their ENT. Recently, I changed sinus rinse to ChitoRhino packets along with nasalcrom spray and it has been working for me. Good luck

Super Moderator
    I seem to recall once upon a time someone using a sinus nebulizer. Looked like a regular pari compressor and neb cup one held up to their noses. Also previous posts on putting tobramycin in a sinus rinse, but not sure how much or how it was administered.
    Parent to a child wcf double delta f508.

Started Orkambi July 2015
    Began Symdeko August 2018