Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

yes our son has the same combination, and his doctor refers it to being 'mild'. He is pancreatic sufficient, although he takes vitamins. I also have the RH117-7T, but twice, and I have no symptoms whatsoever, to that end I have not been dx as having CF. Maybe this bears out what is being said of the RH117, being the mild gene that overides, who really knows?

Should also say that taking all this into account, we still decided that it was not worth the risk in having another child, we were lucky in that our first born is only a carrier, remember it is a 1-2 chance for us to have a CF child. Anyway I had a vasectomy so there is no chance.

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

yes our son has the same combination, and his doctor refers it to being 'mild'. He is pancreatic sufficient, although he takes vitamins. I also have the RH117-7T, but twice, and I have no symptoms whatsoever, to that end I have not been dx as having CF. Maybe this bears out what is being said of the RH117, being the mild gene that overides, who really knows?

Should also say that taking all this into account, we still decided that it was not worth the risk in having another child, we were lucky in that our first born is only a carrier, remember it is a 1-2 chance for us to have a CF child. Anyway I had a vasectomy so there is no chance.

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

I'm not sure what my mutation is. But my husband is a carrier for CF(R117H) Our daughter does not have CF. We had 1 out of 2 chances of having a child with CF. We are NOT having any more kids. We were very blessed with a healthy little girl.

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

I'm not sure what my mutation is. But my husband is a carrier for CF(R117H) Our daughter does not have CF. We had 1 out of 2 chances of having a child with CF. We are NOT having any more kids. We were very blessed with a healthy little girl.

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

I also ditto what others have said.

Our three year old has the same gene combination and so far has not had any health issues. Our genetic counselor told us that he would have only a "mild" case at best. His doctors were not pleased that a genetic counselor gave us such a definitive diagnoses (I was 27 weeks pregnant at the time). None of his doctors like to use the word "mild" since they feel that you never truely know how an individual's disease will progress over time. Even with his "mild" combination his doctor feels very strongly that we need to work on keeping his lungs as healthy as possible. Different CF centers have delt with him differently, some have wanted to be really aggressive and others have been more laid back (we are an Army family and have moved several times already in his three years).

We have three boys, the older ones do not have CF nor are they carriers. Like so many others my husband I discovered we were carriers when I was pregnant. The test had not be available with my older boys. My husband I have discussed what we would have done had we found out that we were Cf carriers with our first child. It is a difficult choice. Best of luck.

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

Our three year old has the same gene combination and so far has not had any health issues. Our genetic counselor told us that he would have only a "mild" case at best. His doctors were not pleased that a genetic counselor gave us such a definitive diagnoses (I was 27 weeks pregnant at the time). None of his doctors like to use the word "mild" since they feel that you never truely know how an individual's disease will progress over time. Even with his "mild" combination his doctor feels very strongly that we need to work on keeping his lungs as healthy as possible. Different CF centers have delt with him differently, some have wanted to be really aggressive and others have been more laid back (we are an Army family and have moved several times already in his three years).

We have three boys, the older ones do not have CF nor are they carriers. Like so many others my husband I discovered we were carriers when I was pregnant. The test had not be available with my older boys. My husband I have discussed what we would have done had we found out that we were Cf carriers with our first child. It is a difficult choice. Best of luck.

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

My husband has two mutations - the Delta F508 and also the 5T. He has no symptoms other than CBAVD - congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens - which makes pregnancy possible only through IVF.

Right now, we're considering IVF and PGD. Either way, having a child when you know CF is a factor is a heavy decision. My thoughts are with you.

DeltaF508 and R117H 7T

My husband has two mutations - the Delta F508 and also the 5T. He has no symptoms other than CBAVD - congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens - which makes pregnancy possible only through IVF.

Right now, we're considering IVF and PGD. Either way, having a child when you know CF is a factor is a heavy decision. My thoughts are with you.