Thread: Amikacin Recalled

Amikacin Recalled

Did anyone receive the tainted vials of recalled Amikacin from Tevo Pharmaceuticals this past year? I was one of the lucky ones who received every lot recalled and suffered complications from it. I was curious if anyone else did and if so what type of complications have you had.
    Second question: anyone using long term amikacin IV have issues with hearing loss??
    34year old Mom of a beautiful 8 yr old princess...Double F508, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Non Tuberculosis Mycobacterium Abscessus, DX @ 18 months, Jackson Memorial Hospital Miami, Fl (IV)
    "Life is too short to take for granted....live everyday as if it was your last for tomorrow is uncertain"

Hearing loss from aminoglycosides

Quote Originally Posted by semnle34 View Post
    Did anyone receive the tainted vials of recalled Amikacin from Tevo Pharmaceuticals this past year? I was one of the lucky ones who received every lot recalled and suffered complications from it. I was curious if anyone else did and if so what type of complications have you had.
    Second question: anyone using long term amikacin IV have issues with hearing loss??
    I'm in Canada and have amikacin here for inhalation . But was not on recall . And yes from repeated IV use of amikacin cousin tobramycin I have sustained severe high frequency hearing loss . It took many years to happen . It didn't happen for a long time . I can't hear high frequency beeps etc and some loss in words . I have hearing aids , but don't wear them much . What happened to you as a result of this tainted amikacin ! I'm sorry to hear this ! Very upsetting.