Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allergies and Nasal Polyps 9 year old daughter

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Jpmassman View Post
    Good luck tomorrow. Whether cf or not some good suggestions from others here. I'll just add a thought. Keeping sinuses as clean as possible is obviously a priority to reduce conditions favorable to polyp growth. My son (16 now) had recurring polyp growth and surgeries when he was 9-11 years old but not since. Regular with nasal rinse 2x a day. Find what you daughter can tolerate and just stick with it. My son also does nebulized budesonide after his rinse. A lot to the routine but he's a champ and rarely complains. His ENT at Children's Boston chalks the success to diligence in the routine...and maybe a bit of luck along the way. You are lucky to have Hopkins, they too, have excellent physicians who can steer you in the right direction, whichever that may be.

Thank you! I appreciate your helpful information in regards to polyps!

Hi everyone,
    I have a 8 month infant being diagnosed with CF two months ago.
    We live in South East Europe (a small country - Bulgaria) where CF centers do not exist and we are supposed to visit traditional hospitals and speciliasts. However, this was just for information
    I have e deep concern regarding my little one. Two weeks ago she started having more secretions from the nose. At first, there were not thick and I could easily cope with them using Saline 0.9 %. Now things are getting worse - the secretions cause serios difficulty feeding my baby. She vomits 1-2 times a day - a large amount of thick secretion is mixed with food she has taken (breastfed milk or solid food).
    I am almost desperate now, because we are underweight, had 2 surgeries at birth due to meconium ileus, diagnosed with CF and now these thick secretions which make feeding a real disaster.

Any advice will be appreciated.
    Greetings from Bulgaria
    Last edited by viviana_bg; 10-27-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Super Moderator
    Does it seem as if she has a sinus infection? DS always had thick mucus in his nose and we'd have to use saline drops and remove the secretions with a bulb syringe. Would usually do this before bed, so he could sleep better. Sometimes giving him a bath before bed and when he got up in the morning would help loosen things up as well. He got a couple ear and sinus infections early on and his doctor prescribed antibiotics when he seemed to feel poorly, decreased eating, slept more.
    Parent to a child wcf double delta f508.

Started Orkambi July 2015
    Began Symdeko August 2018

Super Moderator
    She may well have nasal polyps and a sinus infection which tends to occur when polyps are an issue. Have you seen and ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) doc? She may need surgery to remove the polyps or otherwise clear out her sinuses. In the meantime, we occasionally find the need for Mucinex which is designed specifically to thin secretions and works well for us. You need to check with your doc to see if it is appropriate for your child’s age and condition but it may help a great deal until you see an ENT.

trghpu1994
    Quote Originally Posted by viviana_bg View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have a 8 month infant being diagnosed with CF two months ago.
    We live in South East Europe (a small country - Bulgaria) where CF centers do not exist and we are supposed to visit traditional hospitals and speciliasts. However, this was just for information
    I have e deep concern regarding my little one. Two weeks ago she started having more secretions from the nose. At first, there were not thick and I could easily cope with them using Saline 0.9 %. Now things are getting worse - the secretions cause serios difficulty feeding my baby. She vomits 1-2 times a day - a large amount of thick secretion is mixed with food she has taken (breastfed milk or solid food).
    I am almost desperate now, because we are underweight, had 2 surgeries at birth due to meconium ileus, diagnosed with CF and now these thick secretions which make feeding a real disaster.

Any advice will be appreciated.
    Greetings from Bulgaria

Hi, we adopted a teen from BG with CF 5 years ago. We love Bulgaria. There is a CF center (or used to be) in Sofia. My daughter had occasional dr visits there at the clinic. I know there is a Bulgarian CF page on Facebook as well.
    https://lifewithcf.org/?v=dccbe2e74685