Thread: Teenagers/young people with CF looking for people to talk to

Teenagers/young people with CF looking for people to talk to

Hi I am a 13 year old girl and I have had CF my whole life. I have had it quite easy and am very lucky and healthy as I have never had to stay in hospital and have never had anything terrible wrong with me. I developed a cough two weeks before my school broke up and after about a week or so i was put on antibiotics but they didn't get rid of it, the cough started to lessen but it got worse again, I was never off the antibiotics within the two week time period your meant to take them for. The other day I had my usual checkup and they put me on two different sets of medication instead. Today in school i got this sharp pain in my chest, it was really painful and i told my mum and she said that if it happened again we would contact the doctors. this has happened before but i just brushed it off but this time it was more painful and lasted longer.
    Anyway that went a bit long but what i'm trying to say is I'm worried. I know it's normal but I would really love to talk to anyone about it. I don't let myself worry usually because there's usually nothing to worry about but the truth is i'm kind of scared.

I feel alone with CF, i know there is other people out there but i have no one to talk to with it and I'd love to talk to someone as i have been looking for ages and i don't have facebook, my mum wont let me get it yet but i've heard there's good chat rooms on there. Please contact me, I will check this at least once a day. - Millie

I'm sorry to hear about this rough patch you're going through. Sometimes just two weeks of meds don't fix whatever is going on. I've had some treatments that have been two weeks and sometimes as long as four. I've also had my doctors change meds on me because the one's they started with weren't working. It all depends on the bug you have and your doctors are just finding the right combination to kick that bugs butt. Also don't get too upset about your chest pain. You have CF and you're sick...you're lungs are gonna hurt from time to time...lol. Just be aware of your breathing and your game plan of calling the doctors if it gets really bad, is a good one. Just try and not stress, I know it's easier said than done, but the more you stress the the more strain you put on your body. You'll be back on your feet in no time!

Super Moderator
    Hi Millie- I sent you a private message.

Thank you for the advice, I will try not to stress as much.

Super Moderator
    Hi Millie,
    I'm not sure if you saw my most recent PM. Good news- There's another mom that would love for her daughter, who is 12, to connect with someone her age with CF.
    Hopefully this will help you feel not so alone.

Hi Jeannine, yeah I did thanks I think I sent you a pm back but I'm it sure if it sent because I didn't have great wifi

Hi my name is Katrina. I have had cf since I was born, I would love to chat without anyone who is looking for a penpal or just someone to talk to. I have a fb called Kat Jewell just message me on there or my email [email protected]