Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you in a nut shell

Hybrid View

Who are you in a nut shell

maybe it's just me but I feel like there are some new people posting more often that I don't know too well. If you don't mind would you please respond with some SIMPLE info about yourself. I know this has sort of been done before but it's been a while so in the spirit of getting to know each other.... For anyone new.. My name is Debbie I'm a girl I'm 27 I live in CA I was dx (diagnosed) at 9.5 weeks ~failure to thrive I weigh around 95 lbs, and I'm 5'1 My PFT's stink I recently stopped working I have a thing for shoes I have a thing for bacon I'm single I like dogs not cats I like ice cream I'm super sarcastic and thats all I got I guess.....

Howdy! I am Zach!

I'm 19 (be 20 this Dec) and I was diagnosed with CF at 6 months of age. I live in the Show Me State (Missouri).
    I am the only person in my entire family to have CF. A lot of family are carriers of the gene though.
    Friends and family have always been there for me and I don't know what I would do with out them.
    Quick little facts about me-
    I like to be outside.
    Love to chase storms.
    I am going to college to be certified to be a train conductor.
    I love trains.
    Big history buff.
    Love fishing.

My name is Bonnie
    I'm a girl
    I'm 33 years old
    I was diagnosed @ 5 yrs. old
    My FEV1 is 41%
    I weigh 119 and I'm 5'3"
    I live is Georgia
    I'm no longer working, but I was a real estate agent (and loved it)
    Married for 10 years
    Have 2 dogs- Lucy and Tucker
    Love traveling, reading, and the beach.

Testing 1, 2, 3...will post more if my second doesn't get eaten like my first.

my name is Barbara
    i'm a female and 59 yrs old
    i was diagnosed with adult onset CF a couple of years ago after recurrent bouts of pneumonia
    started inhaled TOBI a yr ago after a yr of rotating antibiotics, orals have stopped working for me
    i am tired ALL the time
    i work in a dr's office as the office manager and nurse
    i have 2 cats and a chinchilla
    i love italian and mexican foods
    i am a vegetarian
    currently in between relationships (at least i hope there is still someone out there for me)
    did i mention i'm tired ALL the time? .

welshwitch
    I'm about to turn 33, so about time I answered this thread

I'm a girl, 33
    Diagnosed at 9 months
    I work full time at a really fantastic non profit. I also have experience in the tech industry, teaching high school, and many many other jobs
    I have a wonderful boyfriend who I basically live with and doesn't seem to mind when I do treatments in the living room of our tiny apt.
    I am still trying to be "OK" with having CF although I don't think I will ever be "OK" with it. This makes it hard for me to talk about it w. friends and family, but I hope one day I can be more open
    I am still wondering whether or not I will ever have kids and how my health status may or may not affect that
    I'm a musician and play guitar and perform at open mikes all the time--I think my CF has made my voice raspier which is great for the classic rock I love to sing!
    My FEV is around 110% which I feel extremely lucky for and NEVER take for granted
    I will be running a half marathon in March and think that running is the best treatment for CF, hands down

pixiedust71
    My name is Stacy. I am 40 years young. Married to my high school sweetheart for 16 years. I had a son at 35 without IvF. He is healthy, no CF. I was diagnosed at 2 due to multiple pneumonia episodes. I have double D508 mutation. I am 4'11 and weigh about 100 lbs. I have a porta cath which is only accessed when necessary. FEV 1 around 50. Onset CFDR.Chronic cdiff. I died at 23 due to Legionnaires disease (from cf) but was brought back and now have a cardiac defibrillator. I wasnt ready to die when i was pregnant but God tried to take me again i keep fighting! You would not know I had anything wrong with me if you looked at me until i coughed I'm disabled but had a successful career for 20 years. I love music, have a dog, and I am a bit of a smart ass. I love cartoons and have a bachelors degree even though the two do not seem to go together. I loooove shoes have 125 pairs and I'm a fashion freak. Catholic

My name is Angelique
    I'm a girl
    I was diagnosed at 2 weeks old
    My FEV1 is about 60%
    I'm 109 and 5'2"
    I have 2 older brothers that do not have cf
    but i have 3 cousins who do have cf. 2 of which passed away.
    I'm from a small town in New Hampshire and have to travel 45 minutes to clinic and 2 hours for the hospital
    I'm in a long distance relationship because my boyfriend is in the military
    My 2 cats, Pace and Lucy are my babies
    I'm addicted to coca cola
    I can eat a big bag of snyders pretzels in less than a day
    and i craft like a crazy lady

I am a girl . . well, woman (hate when I went from Miss to Mam!)
    I am 52 yrs old
    FEV 59 and holding (I hope)
    Live in Naples Florida
    Married to the most wonderful caring man who is my best friend and the love of my life!
    Used to be overweight my whole life, now I am too thin and don't like that either
    I am 5'1 and a half (the half is very important!)
    I run every day and feel that is the most important therapy I do no matter what
    I denied having my disease until I was 25, now I wear it as an badge of courage to help others
    I sell my own line of skin care on HSN live TV - it is called Ice Elements. I love what I do -takes my mind of having CF
    Would love to be a professional male PGA golfer (just not in my genes!)
    I love helping others who struggle with challenges and admire all who do.
    Recently published a book called Dancing in the Storm with proceeds benefiting CFF. (www.shellymaguire.com)
    Love steak, peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches, sushi and blue cheese stuffed olives (not all at the same time, of course)
    I value all of my friends and family
    I love to talk . . . shop . . . laugh . . .eat . . . and I love shoes (because no matter how many I buy . . . I never have the right ones I need!)
    I pray for a cure and thank God Every day, for life!

The names Robert.
    I'm a dude.
    29 years young.
    5'11"
    160 lbs.
    Diagnosed at 3 months old.
    Living in Pennsylvania where I grew up.
    Happen to have the G551D Mutation.
    My FEV1 is about 60%.
    With the help of Kalydeco.
    Work full time as a CNA.
    Love my job very much.
    Had a sister with CF who passed about a year ago at the age of 27.
    She was a fighter till the very end and still my hero.