Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: Who are you in a nut shell

Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa. I'm 45 years old now; I was diagnosed at age 24. Fortunately, I don't have any pancreas problems or diabetes. For me, it's mostly my sinuses (9 sinus surgeries) and lungs (about three years ago, I traded pseudomonas for mycobacterium abscessus). I also cough up a lot of blood (had one bronchial artery embolization).

I'm a college professor, and I really love my job. Increasingly, I've been dealing with a lot of pain (hands, neck, etc.). Rheumatologist has ruled out arthritis; she said it sounds more like fibromyalgia. But, lately, the pain has been bothering more than anything else. Worried that I won't be able to teach much longer, which is heartbreaking.

Happily married for ten years. Enjoy reading, traveling, and scrabble.

I've been reading posts for the past several years but never chimed in. I live in northern California and attend the Adult CF Center at UC Davis.

Thanks for letting me lurk in the past. I'll try to offer insight and/or support when I can. I guess it's just nice to know that we're not alone, right? :-)

Hey. Iím Tom. 26 years old. Diagnosed at about 2 due to prolonged health issues.
    Currently around 65% FEV and feel very lucky at the moment considering what others go through. I feel a little odd writing this as Iím typically not very vocal about my CF - not out of embarrassment I just donít appreciate pity, as Iím sure most of you donít either, so this is very uncharacteristic.
    I live in Cleveland Ohio and work as a business intelligence analyst for a software company (hate the corporate BS but health insurance is good lol)
    I enjoy reading - mostly non-fiction or novels based in philosophy, especially existentialism - math & science texts and a lot of Camus, Dostoyevsky, and Kafka.
    I love motorcycles (I have two), old cars, going to concerts at least once per week, and enjoying time with genuine people.
    I paint terribly and really enjoy a nice whiskey from time to time.
    Iím sure no one actually reads these things as I see this post was started about a decade ago, but it feels kind of good to reach out.

Amor Fati.

My name is Sara
    I'm a woman
    I live in italian
    I am a teacher
    I have a girl child
    I love my daughter
    I love road trips.
    i love myself
    I am atheist