Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pickles anyone?

I like pickles. Not only because its good taste but also it health benefits. Pickles supply your body with antioxidants to fight against risky effects of free radicals. Another among top health benefits of pickles is its effectiveness to enhance your digestion by supporting good bacteria. Probiotic bacteria play an important role in the food digestion. Nevertheless, in some cases, antiobiotics might eradicate these bacteria. It is true that one of the best health benefits of pickles is to support your immunity considerably. Many studies have confirmed the link between the supplement of vitamin C and a stronger immune system.
    However, the excessive consumption of pickles might trigger some digestive problems, namely, diarrhea or stomach pain. On the other hand, the high content of sodium and salt in pickles may cause you to suffer from bloating, water retention or swelling.

Super Moderator
    My child has me save the pickle juice and make Popsicles out of it. Ghastly, but he loves it. Most people wcf crave, need more salt. Ds has a salt shaker in my car, various ones around so he can take hits off it when he's sweating out more salt. His doctor indicated as long as he gets adequate water, too, it's not a concern.
    Parent to a child wcf double delta f508

I do like pickles. It's good for our immunity.

I'm fan of pickles as well!
    I always have one pickle jar in house.

I also just love pickles.

I love pickles or anything salty.

There is pickled flavors for everything! Dill pickle soup, popsicles, chips, pickle juice and even pickle chap stick! LOL Not sure about the chap stick.
    AMBER 26yrs CF (Double F508DEL) Married
    CFRD, Double Lung TX 3-13-07, Kidney TX 7-2-07
    G-Tube, insulin pump, & cochlear implants

Amber's Blog- A Creative Newmie

God is within her, she will not fall -Psalm 46:5

Seems like so many people with Cystic Fibrosis like pickles! Found this cool article on Pickles and sodium content - it has a column on the right showing exactly how much sodium is in different types of pickles.

https://mobile.fatsecret.com/calorie...pickles/sodium