Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I was treated like a freak

welshwitch
    Enzo, I am with you in that I absolutely HATE HATE HATE the mask thing and being singled out. I feel totally like a leper and really resent it. I get the logic, too, but that doesn't negate our feelings. Sometimes it's OK to really hate something, and this is that for me.

There are some things in life that just aren't fair, and this is one.

Super Moderator
    Had DS's semi-annual GI and my heart melted as another mom who prior chit-chat comment to me to the side "I get the mask thing...our son is a survivor" (10 year old was with her without one now), later when she saw DS said to him: "hey dude, I like your mask." DS doesn't mind it at all or feel self conscience, but it was so incredibly kind of the mom to make the effort to kindly give him kudos for something that she likely remembered being hard on her son.

kenna2
    The glove, gown, and mask is all I've really ever known. Here's how I think of it, we are special and doctors and other providers have to "dress up" to see us, in their best yellow gowns and masks. Personally I don't mind wearing a mask. If it keeps me off meds and out of the hospital, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo2311 View Post
    So regulations apparently say that I must wear a mask in the cf clinic and anyone who's in contact with me must wear a full gown, mask, and gloves. Like I have the worlds first zombie plague lol

its actually very depressing. Anyone else feel the same way? New regulations btw
    I know it seems like we're kind of treated like aliens but, it's just to keep us and other CFers safe from our germs and their germs from us. It is hard when they come in all suited up but, it's what you make it you can be happy and think "they're just keeping me safe." or you can be sad and thing "they hate me because of this thing that I was born with it." I don't know about you but, I want to be happy. If you ever need to talk you can message me I'll try to be on at least once a day.