Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PICC lines?

PICC lines?

I have had a few PICC lines in and I love them so much more than regular lines. They don't hurt going in for me, they numb the area and use ultrasound (like Debbi said) to guide it to the right spot. After a week or so my arm does get a little sore at the insertion site and I get really itchy from dryness. But other than that I haven't had any real problems. It beats getting poked every 2 days for a regular line!

PICC lines?

I have had a few PICC lines in and I love them so much more than regular lines. They don't hurt going in for me, they numb the area and use ultrasound (like Debbi said) to guide it to the right spot. After a week or so my arm does get a little sore at the insertion site and I get really itchy from dryness. But other than that I haven't had any real problems. It beats getting poked every 2 days for a regular line!

PICC lines?

PICC lines?

PICC lines?

PICC lines?

I have had good experience & rough experiences. When they hit a nerve that is next to the vein I want to jump off the table in pain. That will leave my arm sore for a few days often requiring Motrin to take the inflammation down.

I also get lidacaine shots instead of the cream & the area that the shots were received is often sore.

If everything goes smoothly its not painful at all.

PICC lines?

I have had good experience & rough experiences. When they hit a nerve that is next to the vein I want to jump off the table in pain. That will leave my arm sore for a few days often requiring Motrin to take the inflammation down.

I also get lidacaine shots instead of the cream & the area that the shots were received is often sore.

PICC lines?

PICC lines?

PICC lines?