PDA

View Full Version : Why did Vampy's post get locked?

Shoshanna
05-16-2007, 12:18 PM
I am new to this lock thing...what happened that was so bad?

Shoshanna

Shoshanna

JazzysMom
05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I dont know if Jeanne/Ennio will ever publically state WHY. It is usually a judgement call that sometimes is influenced by complaints from members. Ultimately it is their call and they must have felt it had gone on long enough or was headed in the wrong direction to lock it. Jeanne tries to be good about letting us have our word, but since often the "behind the scenes" info is not known here, its hard to decifer why. All I can say is, please trust Jeannes reasoning whatever it might be.

JazzysMom
I dont know if Jeanne/Ennio will ever publically state WHY. It is usually a judgement call that sometimes is influenced by complaints from members. Ultimately it is their call and they must have felt it had gone on long enough or was headed in the wrong direction to lock it. Jeanne tries to be good about letting us have our word, but since often the "behind the scenes" info is not known here, its hard to decifer why. All I can say is, please trust Jeannes reasoning whatever it might be.

JazzysMom

Diane
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
I have been on this site a bit over 4 years and have noticed that generally around here, from what i have seen over the past year or so, they ignore the problem within and just lock the thread. There wasnt anything horrible said on the post but since Vampy made her intentions clear....someone felt they had to keep needling her ( so to speak) . I am guessing that has to do with why it got locked.

Diane
I have been on this site a bit over 4 years and have noticed that generally around here, from what i have seen over the past year or so, they ignore the problem within and just lock the thread. There wasnt anything horrible said on the post but since Vampy made her intentions clear....someone felt they had to keep needling her ( so to speak) . I am guessing that has to do with why it got locked.

Diane

kayleesgrandma
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Shoshanna, not only can the "thought police" (not jeanne, by the way, but a certain member here) get a thread locked, but they can have it removed. Once a thread begins to take on a life of its own, or everything has been said that can be said--and its going around in circle--it is either locked, or, as in my case, with my thread, taken away completely. Anyone can request a thread blocked. I would like to think that Jeanne uses her judgement and won't just pull a thread because someone asks her to. That would be censorship by other members, and that wouldn't encourage free dicussion. As someone suggested, I should have put it in a blog. She was right. I should've done that. They can't touch a blog. At least now they will leave Vampy alone.

Someone accused me of "creating" drama, when I had supposedly spoken against it. I never said we shouldn't have drama, I don't like the "flaming" of someone. I will always stick up for someone who is getting attacked, even if I don't agree with them. I think drama can be stimulating, provide additional food for thought, and show the eloquence of some people's writting and thought processes. I am not eloquent, so I love to read other's reply's. I don't like to see people attacked--there is a difference. So I will speak my piece, inadequate though it may be. I just will do it in a blog, as was suggested.

As Mel suggested--[" . . . please trust Jeannes reasoning whatever it might be."] Jeanne is a very fair person. I trust her.

kayleesgrandma
Shoshanna, not only can the "thought police" (not jeanne, by the way, but a certain member here) get a thread locked, but they can have it removed. Once a thread begins to take on a life of its own, or everything has been said that can be said--and its going around in circle--it is either locked, or, as in my case, with my thread, taken away completely. Anyone can request a thread blocked. I would like to think that Jeanne uses her judgement and won't just pull a thread because someone asks her to. That would be censorship by other members, and that wouldn't encourage free dicussion. As someone suggested, I should have put it in a blog. She was right. I should've done that. They can't touch a blog. At least now they will leave Vampy alone.

Someone accused me of "creating" drama, when I had supposedly spoken against it. I never said we shouldn't have drama, I don't like the "flaming" of someone. I will always stick up for someone who is getting attacked, even if I don't agree with them. I think drama can be stimulating, provide additional food for thought, and show the eloquence of some people's writting and thought processes. I am not eloquent, so I love to read other's reply's. I don't like to see people attacked--there is a difference. So I will speak my piece, inadequate though it may be. I just will do it in a blog, as was suggested.

As Mel suggested--[" . . . please trust Jeannes reasoning whatever it might be."] Jeanne is a very fair person. I trust her.

kayleesgrandma

NoExcuses
05-16-2007, 08:07 PM
The bottomline is, which many people don't realize, this site <i> belongs </i> to someone. She created it, she maintains it, she advocates for it. Therefore she has the right to sensor it.

She has deleted some of my posts in the past. Whether I agree is disagree is <b> irrelevant </b>. I don't own this site. And by posting, I know it's ultimately subject to the judgement of those in charge.

I am a guest of the administrator's on this site - and so is everyone else.

NoExcuses
The bottomline is, which many people don't realize, this site <i> belongs </i> to someone. She created it, she maintains it, she advocates for it. Therefore she has the right to sensor it.

She has deleted some of my posts in the past. Whether I agree is disagree is <b> irrelevant </b>. I don't own this site. And by posting, I know it's ultimately subject to the judgement of those in charge.

NoExcuses

kayleesgrandma
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Well said Amy!

kayleesgrandma
Well said Amy!

kayleesgrandma
Well said Amy!

sue35
05-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Well said and you are right, I did not know that!

sue35

sue35