PDA

View Full Version : Our son, our Hero

hart3448
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
On October 29 at 9:30 am Jacob Hart lost his 27 year battle with CF. He was in Denver awaiting a transplant when infection took it's final toll. I'm his proud dad and I have to say I've never seen someone so determined to beat this thing and live life like he did. He never gave up, even during the last days. He had coded the previous week and joked about walking away from the light. His passion was fishing but his younger days saw him swimming, playing league baseball, racing motorcycles (not our favorite sport) hiking, snowmobiling, four wheeling. He worked at different jobs from delivering mail to golf course maintenance to auto parts help. CF had been part of his life, but never his whole life. He had the prettiest girlfriends andsome of the nicest buddies he could ask for. His impact on people was remarkable. He touched all who knew him. The hospital staff even had a memorial service for him in their chapel. Doctors, nurses, respitory therapists all came to say good bye and share stories. We think about him every day now and we pray that others might get the second chance they deserve. Godspeed Jake, we love you and miss you and are stronger because of you.<br>

hart3448
On October 29 at 9:30 am Jacob Hart lost his 27 year battle with CF. He was in Denver awaiting a transplant when infection took it's final toll. I'm his proud dad and I have to say I've never seen someone so determined to beat this thing and live life like he did. He never gave up, even during the last days. He had coded the previous week and joked about walking away from the light. His passion was fishing but his younger days saw him swimming, playing league baseball, racing motorcycles (not our favorite sport) hiking, snowmobiling, four wheeling. He worked at different jobs from delivering mail to golf course maintenance to auto parts help. CF had been part of his life, but never his whole life. He had the prettiest girlfriends andsome of the nicest buddies he could ask for. His impact on people was remarkable. He touched all who knew him. The hospital staff even had a memorial service for him in their chapel. Doctors, nurses, respitory therapists all came to say good bye and share stories. We think about him every day now and we pray that others might get the second chance they deserve. Godspeed Jake, we love you and miss you and are stronger because of you.<br>

hart3448

Printer
12-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that we will find a cure to this disease soon so we will see an end to losing good people, such as your son.

Bill

Printer
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that we will find a cure to this disease soon so we will see an end to losing good people, such as your son.

Bill

Printer

Bill

mom2mason
12-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Thank you for sharing, your son sounds like a wonderful person. I am so sorry for your loss.
God Bless you and your family this Christmas.

mom2mason
Thank you for sharing, your son sounds like a wonderful person. I am so sorry for your loss.

mom2mason

azdesertrat
12-09-2011, 07:19 PM
So sorry for your loss.
It sounds as if your son was one remarkable human being.
It sounds like although it was abbreviated, he led a full life.
Thank you for telling us about him.
May God bless & be with you; your son & family will be in our prayers.

azdesertrat
So sorry for your loss.

azdesertrat
So sorry for your loss.

lilmac1177
12-10-2011, 03:24 PM
yes, thank you for sharing and i'm very sorry for your loss. i cried when i read this because it's always heart-breaking to hear of another precious soul being taken to this disease! God bless your son, you and your family and all who knew and loved him.

lilmac1177
12-10-2011, 03:24 PM
yes, thank you for sharing and i'm very sorry for your loss. i cried when i read this because it's always heart-breaking to hear of another precious soul being taken to this disease! God bless your son, you and your family and all who knew and loved him.

bw27
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
well today is tuesday january 24 2012 i lost my friends from cf and its getting worse then i excepted it to be because knowing the friends i have are looking down on me say to me brandon you can be damn sure that we will see each other again

bw27
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
well today is tuesday january 24 2012 i lost my friends from cf and its getting worse then i excepted it to be because knowing the friends i have are looking down on me say to me brandon you can be damn sure that we will see each other again

kgfrompa
01-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh How this breaks my heart,I am so sorry for you and your familys loss,

kgfrompa
01-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh How this breaks my heart,I am so sorry for you and your familys loss,

BikerEd
01-24-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, a fighter till the end. I know you are but be proud thanks for sharing that story.
Ed

BikerEd
01-24-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, a fighter till the end. I know you are but be proud thanks for sharing that story.
Ed

BUBBLES09
01-25-2012, 03:57 AM
I just lost my daughter on December 19, 2012 due to CF she would have been 19 years old on New Years Day my heart is broken but she did it her way, I was spared the agony of watching her struggle to breath, God new it was my worst fear, her pulse Ox was 98, as I watched her heart rate go from 161 to in a split second 30, her little heart just stopped, it has been such a great weight to bare, losing a child there are no words to say ...but thank you for your story these kids go out fighting peace be with you

BUBBLES09
01-25-2012, 03:57 AM
I just lost my daughter on December 19, 2012 due to CF she would have been 19 years old on New Years Day my heart is broken but she did it her way, I was spared the agony of watching her struggle to breath, God new it was my worst fear, her pulse Ox was 98, as I watched her heart rate go from 161 to in a split second 30, her little heart just stopped, it has been such a great weight to bare, losing a child there are no words to say ...but thank you for your story these kids go out fighting peace be with you

witzersmom
01-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Thank you for sharing your sons story. I cried, it also sounded like a celebration of his life, and bittersweet memories. God be with you.

witzersmom
01-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Thank you for sharing your sons story. I cried, it also sounded like a celebration of his life, and bittersweet memories. God be with you.

greganddiane
02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
May God bless you all. 3 of my 4 children have been diagnosed...of course you couldn't think of it in a million years...but they are incredible miracles in our lives!
Life has gotten complicated at times...but we work, play, love, laugh, cry and pray together all the time!
We will be watchful to see if there is any insight that we can give that might encourage and help other families.

greganddiane
02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
May God bless you all. 3 of my 4 children have been diagnosed...of course you couldn't think of it in a million years...but they are incredible miracles in our lives!
Life has gotten complicated at times...but we work, play, love, laugh, cry and pray together all the time!
We will be watchful to see if there is any insight that we can give that might encourage and help other families.

skittles21
03-20-2012, 10:35 PM
im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son at age 18 in oct he to fought to the end the day before he passed he sat up on the bed couldnt talk much but he still had his sense of humor to flirt dance and make jokes so i say these guys won cause they went on there terms when there bodies were worn out i read so many storys about how ppl with cf touch so many i have to believe god gave us these beautiful children so they could leave behind a legacy please go to utub and type vince gill and chris weber my son wrote this while in vanderbuilt childrens threw a music program again your in my prayers

skittles21
03-20-2012, 10:35 PM
im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son at age 18 in oct he to fought to the end the day before he passed he sat up on the bed couldnt talk much but he still had his sense of humor to flirt dance and make jokes so i say these guys won cause they went on there terms when there bodies were worn out i read so many storys about how ppl with cf touch so many i have to believe god gave us these beautiful children so they could leave behind a legacy please go to utub and type vince gill and chris weber my son wrote this while in vanderbuilt childrens threw a music program again your in my prayers

skittles21
03-20-2012, 10:38 PM
im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son in oct 2011 he would have spells on bipap and the last morning he new i couldnt take him off so his little heart gave and he went my goal was to make his servivce the way he would have wanted it my prayers r with u and your family

skittles21
03-20-2012, 10:38 PM
im so sorry for your lost i to lost my son in oct 2011 he would have spells on bipap and the last morning he new i couldnt take him off so his little heart gave and he went my goal was to make his servivce the way he would have wanted it my prayers r with u and your family

Survivor2008
05-18-2012, 02:18 PM
How can we ever recover from this? I just lost my son 25

Survivor2008
05-18-2012, 02:18 PM
How can we ever recover from this? I just lost my son 25

twinmom2k
06-16-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry for your pain. We lost our 25 year old son to CF Oct 27, 2011. It has crushed my soul to be without him. But we have 4 other children all without CF and we try to be brave and strong for them, but it is a daily battle. The wonderful part of this loss is that it brought us closer together as a family. We all are grieving at different times which means there is always someone who is strong enough to lend support. We are happy that Josh is now in heaven with his lord and he was very religious and found comfort in that way. I am so glad I finally found a site that has parents grieving the loss of their child like we are. Especially others who have struggled with taking care of their child who has CF.

rhonda21
06-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I am sorry to read this but on the other hand it teaches me that these kids and young adults fought hard, were the smartest and most friendly people and never took life for granted and loved with all their might. I miss my son too who died in 2008 having been just evaluated for trNsplant. He had two previous episodes of fainting and even had his heart checked out, suddenly gave out on an evening while takin his iv pole to the bathroom. I dint feel he was ready to go, but God had other plans for him and the other people who go so suddenly. I still have mydaughter who has cf, diagnosed when her brother was born at the age of five and now she is 26 with a husband and beautiful girls. I pray she is one who lives to see her kids graduate and still has the energy to deal with this horrible disease. Thanks for sharing all your precious kids on this site. It helpsget through the pain of loss.

urwithsushil
11-10-2012, 01:44 AM
sorry Dear U R Loss

Nicks mom
12-20-2012, 09:13 PM
thank you so much for your post. I just lost my son on December 13th 2012...He was 21, and would have been 22 on january17th. It is very hard so far. He went at home. He was very sick and had been struggling to get his lungs free of infection. He was on the bipap a lot of days, but the morning he died was obviously a good one. He had gotten up really early(which within itself is amazing, because mornings were very hard most of the time) and gotten some breakfast. I know this because his toaster struessels, and chex mix was on the bed...but we found him in the chair, and he was just gone. Still warm and we know that he was not struggling to breathe, or he would have hurried over to the bipap. I am beyond devistated...even though he went peacefully, and it just looked like he just fell asleep, I am lost without him. I am not sure how i am suppose to go on. I've spent my entire adult life worrying and caring for him. I have so much in common with some of you, I feel so alone. The funeral was Tuesday, and it killed me to let him go...I know he is with God, but I miss him so much...

Aboveallislove
12-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am weep with you now thinking of your pain and wishing there were something to lessen it, but I know there isn't. May God hold you tightly and carry you and know of my prayers that you may feel His hand holdings yours, as your son holds His.
-Love

JustDucky
12-21-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm so sorry....I know you are hurting in ways that no words could ever describe. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs and love, Jenn 40 wCF

TreasureGoddess
12-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Thank you for sharing. What a remarkable son you have. So sorry for your family's loss and hoping for a cure to end this pain and suffering for so many.

Denise Pridy Durasky
01-20-2013, 07:49 PM
On December 2 2012 at 4:30am we lost our son Will to CF. He always had a way to make you smile even if you were having a bad day he knew just the right thing to say or do. He was a fighter. As a child he played hockey and loved it. He loved football. Durning football season he would always put on his favorite Jersey's and as a family we would watch all the games.Durning his last week he never said he knew he was not going to make it he just tried to stay strong. I believe his heart just couldnt go on any longer as his heart rate was so high the last 2 days of his life. I still wait for him to call and say he is on his way home and for him to walk through the door. I also have a daughter who will be 24 on Jan 23rd with CF and I know I can not go through what we did with my son again. I try to stay stong for my daughter but its so hard. There are days I cry all day and there is never a day,minute or second that goes by that I dont think about him. He is missed so much by so many peeple.

chelsie882003
01-21-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and exactly know what your going through. I'm 24 and female and lost my 28yr old brother Chris is September 2011. He struggled for 28yrs of his life and loved sports. You would think all the basketball that he played his lungs would be in great shape, but he also had Asthma, Heart issues, Seizure disorders and something called Leopard Syndrome. I loved my brother alot and the day we lost him was terrible, i think i was the loudest person in the ICU at UNMH(University of New Mexico Hospital). He couldnt wait for christmas, and his favorite band was KISS, he was waiting for there new album. Everytime i go to my parents its real quiet. my mom is doing "eh ok" its gunna take some time. but she is not that bad like when it happened. She gets her moments when she is by herself where nobody is around. But im happy that my brother is happy and running around and not coughing or weezing and pain FREE. once again im really sorry about ur loss. Hopefully a cure comes out fast for us CFers

beispiel
01-30-2017, 03:40 PM
I cried, it also sounded like a celebration of his life, and bittersweet memories. God be with you.

cysticsufferer
05-29-2017, 07:52 PM
May god be with you at a difficult time like this. I've been in the same spot and the only thing that heals is time.