PDA

View Full Version : Jazzysmom, getting to know you....

littledebbie
02-17-2006, 05:43 PM
getting to know all about you.....(sorry goofy song)

I keep looking for a thread that will tell me more about you. When you were diagnosed, were you sick much as a kid, how old were you when you had your baby? General information. I've only been on here about a month or two and I'm getting a feel for a lot of the regulars but you elude me.....you sneaky lady. For a while I had you confused with someone else and for a while I thought your child had CF, see I'm a big ball of confusion. Please straighten me out. If you don't mind sharing that is.

If this info is in a thread, would you direct me too it. Thank you!

littledebbie
02-17-2006, 05:43 PM
getting to know all about you.....(sorry goofy song)

I keep looking for a thread that will tell me more about you. When you were diagnosed, were you sick much as a kid, how old were you when you had your baby? General information. I've only been on here about a month or two and I'm getting a feel for a lot of the regulars but you elude me.....you sneaky lady. For a while I had you confused with someone else and for a while I thought your child had CF, see I'm a big ball of confusion. Please straighten me out. If you don't mind sharing that is.

If this info is in a thread, would you direct me too it. Thank you!

JazzysMom
02-17-2006, 10:55 PM
There is no thread, but I will give you the info. I live about 150 miles northwest of New York CIty, but was dx at age 7 at Bostons Children Hospital. After years of digestive issues (severe cramps & diahrea) & tons of allergy testing, my allergist ran out of ideas & sent me for the sweat test. Dont remember the numbers, but I know the results were UNQUESTIONABLE! At the time my lungs were minimally involved. A few years after is when they kicked in. For the most part I had a fairly healthy childhood. I was admitted a few times over the years, but that probably wouldnt have been as often had I done my treatments. My parents never instilled in me the importance of my treatments. I did take my enzymes, but the rest was very lax. I would get sick enough to be admitted, spend my time there, come home & continue on with life. Never phased me. I really enjoyed my hospital admits. At that time the CFers roomed together & it was always fun even with the ivs, treatments etc. I believe my Parents (moreso my Mom) didnt push me to do treatments because they were told I wouldnt live to my teen years so let me enjoy life so to speak. This whole concept carried over into my adulthood & to this day makes it difficult to maintain my health routine. I was a partier in school. I threw the parties. I drank & smoked pot. Did everything that was bad for me. I was what you would call a free spirit. I graduated high school & went straight to work. Never went to college. I worked at a law firm for my first job then an answering service & the rest of the time at our local hospital. I stopped working in 1/2000 when I got very sick & didnt think I would be coming home. In between this I married an older man at age 23 thinking I couldnt/shouldnt/wouldnt want/have kids & he was stable etc. We split up after 8 years together & 5 years of marriage. I met my current husband & got pregnant only 10 months into the relationship. We married when our daughter was 8 months old. My pregnancy was fantastic. I worked full time until my 8th month when my hemoptysis kicked in a bit. I did develop gestational diabetes & used insulin to control my sugars. Because of my history of hemoptysis & the flare up that started they admitted me for a clean out & I ended up coming home with a baby. They/we decided that I would deliver 4 weeks early by c section as a precaution. I returned to work when my daughter was 5 month old & managed to be a full time employee, wife & mom for another 14 months when I couldnt do it any more. So since 1/2000 I have been at home. After I bounced back from the 2000 problems I slcakced off again & finally last year things clicked.....I CANT BE SCREWING AROUND. I am not a young chick who bounces back quickly anymore & I have a daughter who needs me. So now I am very diligent about doing treatments. For the most part I am still healthy. My pfts are in the high 40's which isnt impressive for me, but its higher than what they were last year. I dont know how much I will get back, but I continue to strive for it. I think I covered most of it. Anything else you interested in knowing?

JazzysMom
02-17-2006, 10:55 PM
There is no thread, but I will give you the info. I live about 150 miles northwest of New York CIty, but was dx at age 7 at Bostons Children Hospital. After years of digestive issues (severe cramps & diahrea) & tons of allergy testing, my allergist ran out of ideas & sent me for the sweat test. Dont remember the numbers, but I know the results were UNQUESTIONABLE! At the time my lungs were minimally involved. A few years after is when they kicked in. For the most part I had a fairly healthy childhood. I was admitted a few times over the years, but that probably wouldnt have been as often had I done my treatments. My parents never instilled in me the importance of my treatments. I did take my enzymes, but the rest was very lax. I would get sick enough to be admitted, spend my time there, come home & continue on with life. Never phased me. I really enjoyed my hospital admits. At that time the CFers roomed together & it was always fun even with the ivs, treatments etc. I believe my Parents (moreso my Mom) didnt push me to do treatments because they were told I wouldnt live to my teen years so let me enjoy life so to speak. This whole concept carried over into my adulthood & to this day makes it difficult to maintain my health routine. I was a partier in school. I threw the parties. I drank & smoked pot. Did everything that was bad for me. I was what you would call a free spirit. I graduated high school & went straight to work. Never went to college. I worked at a law firm for my first job then an answering service & the rest of the time at our local hospital. I stopped working in 1/2000 when I got very sick & didnt think I would be coming home. In between this I married an older man at age 23 thinking I couldnt/shouldnt/wouldnt want/have kids & he was stable etc. We split up after 8 years together & 5 years of marriage. I met my current husband & got pregnant only 10 months into the relationship. We married when our daughter was 8 months old. My pregnancy was fantastic. I worked full time until my 8th month when my hemoptysis kicked in a bit. I did develop gestational diabetes & used insulin to control my sugars. Because of my history of hemoptysis & the flare up that started they admitted me for a clean out & I ended up coming home with a baby. They/we decided that I would deliver 4 weeks early by c section as a precaution. I returned to work when my daughter was 5 month old & managed to be a full time employee, wife & mom for another 14 months when I couldnt do it any more. So since 1/2000 I have been at home. After I bounced back from the 2000 problems I slcakced off again & finally last year things clicked.....I CANT BE SCREWING AROUND. I am not a young chick who bounces back quickly anymore & I have a daughter who needs me. So now I am very diligent about doing treatments. For the most part I am still healthy. My pfts are in the high 40's which isnt impressive for me, but its higher than what they were last year. I dont know how much I will get back, but I continue to strive for it. I think I covered most of it. Anything else you interested in knowing?

CowTown
02-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks for sharing Melissa. You seem like a very strong individual.

Kelly

CowTown
02-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks for sharing Melissa. You seem like a very strong individual.

Kelly

JazzysMom
02-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I dont know how much strength there is, but there is a lot of stubborness! Too much sometimes. It can interfere with my rational thinking! Its a control issue! lol

JazzysMom
02-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I dont know how much strength there is, but there is a lot of stubborness! Too much sometimes. It can interfere with my rational thinking! Its a control issue! lol

littledebbie
02-18-2006, 02:30 AM
Thanks, that helps untangle things for me a lot. It's so cool every time I read a story about some one having a baby. I can't but it just seems like a win for all of us when one succeeds. Thank you for sharing with me.

littledebbie
02-18-2006, 02:30 AM
Thanks, that helps untangle things for me a lot. It's so cool every time I read a story about some one having a baby. I can't but it just seems like a win for all of us when one succeeds. Thank you for sharing with me.