PDA

View Full Version : weight issues

grantsmom
08-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Grant had a clinic appt this week, he now weighs 18.5 pounds. His doctor is still concerned he is not gaining enough.
I have been adding butter to his food and he is now on 24cal ounce formula. He previously was on the dha study formula but was taken off of that due to sluggish weight gain.

He is not a great eater. He only weighed 4 lbs 10oz at birth so I thought his was weight gain has been ok considering he was so small at birth. According to his clinic its not good enough. If anyone has any suggestions or experiences I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

grantsmom
Grant had a clinic appt this week, he now weighs 18.5 pounds. His doctor is still concerned he is not gaining enough.
I have been adding butter to his food and he is now on 24cal ounce formula. He previously was on the dha study formula but was taken off of that due to sluggish weight gain.

He is not a great eater. He only weighed 4 lbs 10oz at birth so I thought his was weight gain has been ok considering he was so small at birth. According to his clinic its not good enough. If anyone has any suggestions or experiences I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

grantsmom

grantsmom

grantsmom
<br /> I have been adding butter to his food and he is now on 24cal ounce formula. He previously was on the dha study formula but was taken off of that due to sluggish weight gain.
<br />
<br /> He is not a great eater. He only weighed 4 lbs 10oz at birth so I thought his was weight gain has been ok considering he was so small at birth. According to his clinic its not good enough. If anyone has any suggestions or experiences I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Mom2Max
08-22-2009, 04:33 PM
I added heavy cream & powdered carnation instant breakfast to Max's bottles.

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

jbrandonAW
08-22-2009, 07:53 PM
How old is he?

My daughter was 4lbs 11oz at birth, and at one year was only 15lbs. At 15 months she was 18.7 (monday is her 18 month).

I started giving her a sippy of water & carnation instant breakfast at 09 months, and then at 1 year it was whole milk & carnation (about 300 cals).

Have you tried avacado mixed with a fruit? Avacodo is a very fattening but healthy food. Also try yobaby yogart mixed with infant cereal.

jbrandonAW
How old is he?

My daughter was 4lbs 11oz at birth, and at one year was only 15lbs. At 15 months she was 18.7 (monday is her 18 month).

I started giving her a sippy of water & carnation instant breakfast at 09 months, and then at 1 year it was whole milk & carnation (about 300 cals).

Have you tried avacado mixed with a fruit? Avacodo is a very fattening but healthy food. Also try yobaby yogart mixed with infant cereal.

jbrandonAW
How old is he?

jbrandonAW
How old is he?

jbrandonAW
How old is he?
<br />
<br />My daughter was 4lbs 11oz at birth, and at one year was only 15lbs. At 15 months she was 18.7 (monday is her 18 month).
<br />
<br />I started giving her a sippy of water & carnation instant breakfast at 09 months, and then at 1 year it was whole milk & carnation (about 300 cals).
<br />
<br />Have you tried avacado mixed with a fruit? Avacodo is a very fattening but healthy food. Also try yobaby yogart mixed with infant cereal.

grantsmom
08-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you for the replys. To answer your question, he will be a year old on September 3rd. He won't drink from a sippy cup yet but I have continued to work on that. I will definately try the avacado and yogart . Thanks

grantsmom
Thank you for the replys. To answer your question, he will be a year old on September 3rd. He won't drink from a sippy cup yet but I have continued to work on that. I will definately try the avacado and yogart . Thanks

grantsmom

grantsmom

grantsmom

rainsmom
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
i used squeeze cheese to give rain her enzymes, pretty high in calories plus it's really easy to take anywhere and you don't have to keep it warm or cold. if it comes to the point of a feeding button, i support that. i hated it the whole time ashley rain had one but it made a world of difference.

rainsmom
i used squeeze cheese to give rain her enzymes, pretty high in calories plus it's really easy to take anywhere and you don't have to keep it warm or cold. if it comes to the point of a feeding button, i support that. i hated it the whole time ashley rain had one but it made a world of difference.

rainsmom

rainsmom

rainsmom

ColbysMom
09-15-2009, 07:54 PM
My son is in the same boat. He will be a year on Sunday and is under 19 pounds. Our nutritionist ordered us Nutren Junior which is made by nestle but is given as a prescription that has 250 cal per 8 oz and it's milk. I started giving 1 a day to my son and he doesn't love the taste right now because I still nurse him but he is getting used to it. I think I may add carnation instant breakfast to it.

Also, they told me to add 1 tsp. of oil to his diet per day. I use olive oil or coconut oil.

Let me know if you find something that works...maybe I will try it on Colby!!

Jessica

ColbysMom
My son is in the same boat. He will be a year on Sunday and is under 19 pounds. Our nutritionist ordered us Nutren Junior which is made by nestle but is given as a prescription that has 250 cal per 8 oz and it's milk. I started giving 1 a day to my son and he doesn't love the taste right now because I still nurse him but he is getting used to it. I think I may add carnation instant breakfast to it.

Also, they told me to add 1 tsp. of oil to his diet per day. I use olive oil or coconut oil.

Jessica

ColbysMom

Jessica

ColbysMom

Jessica

ColbysMom
<br />
<br />Also, they told me to add 1 tsp. of oil to his diet per day. I use olive oil or coconut oil.
<br />
<br />Let me know if you find something that works...maybe I will try it on Colby!!
<br />
<br />Jessica

grantsmom
09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Jessica,
Thanks for your suggestions. I have never tried oil, I mostly add heavy cream or butter. He has an appt tomarrow and I am praying he gains. I hope your son finds something that work for him. Take Care

grantsmom
Jessica,
Thanks for your suggestions. I have never tried oil, I mostly add heavy cream or butter. He has an appt tomarrow and I am praying he gains. I hope your son finds something that work for him. Take Care

grantsmom
Jessica,

grantsmom
Jessica,

grantsmom
Jessica,
<br /> Thanks for your suggestions. I have never tried oil, I mostly add heavy cream or butter. He has an appt tomarrow and I am praying he gains. I hope your son finds something that work for him. Take Care

ajb900
09-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I have an almost 6 month old, diagnosed at birth with CF due to MI. She has gained well all this time and is up to almost 15lbs. I'm starting to worry about how many calories she needs and if she's eating enough. I don't ever want to get behind the eight ball, you know? She eats formula mixed at 24 cal/oz. I've started adding duocal to her formula which adds more calories. Is it okay to add butter and/or heavy cream to her food at this age? I've been making her baby food and could easily add anything that would help. I guess I could also see if she likes avocado, I know I do! Any other suggestions for a child this age would be greatly appreciated!

ajb900
I have an almost 6 month old, diagnosed at birth with CF due to MI. She has gained well all this time and is up to almost 15lbs. I'm starting to worry about how many calories she needs and if she's eating enough. I don't ever want to get behind the eight ball, you know? She eats formula mixed at 24 cal/oz. I've started adding duocal to her formula which adds more calories. Is it okay to add butter and/or heavy cream to her food at this age? I've been making her baby food and could easily add anything that would help. I guess I could also see if she likes avocado, I know I do! Any other suggestions for a child this age would be greatly appreciated!

ajb900

ajb900

ajb900

grantsmom
09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Ashley
It sounds like your little girl is gaining well. Definately talk to her dietician regarding the butter and cream to her food. Grants dietician ok's these at 6mths.

grantsmom
Ashley
It sounds like your little girl is gaining well. Definately talk to her dietician regarding the butter and cream to her food. Grants dietician ok's these at 6mths.

grantsmom
Ashley

grantsmom
Ashley

grantsmom
Ashley
<br />It sounds like your little girl is gaining well. Definately talk to her dietician regarding the butter and cream to her food. Grants dietician ok's these at 6mths.