PDA

View Full Version : Weight problem

Chelsayyy93
08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm a 16 year old girl. Well I have always had trouble gaining weight.I weigh 80 pounds. Oh and I'm 5'1 and 1/2. I'm below the 5% for weight. I always take my enzymes. I eat constantly and I do mean constantly. I use to drink Scandishakes and all those weight gain shakes. They didn't work. My doctors constantly bug me about gaining more weight. I've tried to tell them that I can't but they don't listen. They suggested a g-tube and literally promised that I magically put on pounds. I didn't gain a single pound. My mom's side of the family is tall and skinny, my mom told me I take after them. My mom and I also tried to tell my doctors that. The doctors told me I need to eat more, but I eat so much already they just don't realize it. So any ideas about why I can't gain weight?

Chelsayyy93
I'm a 16 year old girl. Well I have always had trouble gaining weight.I weigh 80 pounds. Oh and I'm 5'1 and 1/2. I'm below the 5% for weight. I always take my enzymes. I eat constantly and I do mean constantly. I use to drink Scandishakes and all those weight gain shakes. They didn't work. My doctors constantly bug me about gaining more weight. I've tried to tell them that I can't but they don't listen. They suggested a g-tube and literally promised that I magically put on pounds. I didn't gain a single pound. My mom's side of the family is tall and skinny, my mom told me I take after them. My mom and I also tried to tell my doctors that. The doctors told me I need to eat more, but I eat so much already they just don't realize it. So any ideas about why I can't gain weight?

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

jbrandonAW
08-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Have they checked your thyroid? If you are not putting on weight even with a gtube there is something else going on. Have they tried upping your enzymes? Are you working out -bulding muscle can help build weight.

jbrandonAW
Have they checked your thyroid? If you are not putting on weight even with a gtube there is something else going on. Have they tried upping your enzymes? Are you working out -bulding muscle can help build weight.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

xxlilmissmorrisseyxx
08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey. my name is Shauna, I'm 17 and have the same problem. I mean no joke, I look skeletal. I try and try to gain weight, like I eat all the time and take my enzymes but I just can't gain anything at all. My weight at the moment is 46kg, not sure what that is in pounds but I've been the same weight for about 2 years! I also have g-tube but it doesn't do any good, i might aswell not even have one for all it helps. I get the same grief from the doctors too.
Have you been checked for diabetes? because I have cfrd and i know that it can often be the cause of nutritional problems such as not gaining any weight. Thats what the docs tell me anyways, so I have to keep my sugar levels well under control so that my weight doesn't suffer and also so that I dont pick up any bugs as easily.
I think you should get it checked out thuogh if you havn't already.

xxlilmissmorrisseyxx
Hey. my name is Shauna, I'm 17 and have the same problem. I mean no joke, I look skeletal. I try and try to gain weight, like I eat all the time and take my enzymes but I just can't gain anything at all. My weight at the moment is 46kg, not sure what that is in pounds but I've been the same weight for about 2 years! I also have g-tube but it doesn't do any good, i might aswell not even have one for all it helps. I get the same grief from the doctors too.
Have you been checked for diabetes? because I have cfrd and i know that it can often be the cause of nutritional problems such as not gaining any weight. Thats what the docs tell me anyways, so I have to keep my sugar levels well under control so that my weight doesn't suffer and also so that I dont pick up any bugs as easily.

xxlilmissmorrisseyxx

xxlilmissmorrisseyxx

xxlilmissmorrisseyxx
<br />Have you been checked for diabetes? because I have cfrd and i know that it can often be the cause of nutritional problems such as not gaining any weight. Thats what the docs tell me anyways, so I have to keep my sugar levels well under control so that my weight doesn't suffer and also so that I dont pick up any bugs as easily.
<br />I think you should get it checked out thuogh if you havn't already.

Chelsayyy93
09-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Yeah they have checked my thyroid and its fine.
And they tested me for Diabetes but they said even though my blood sugar was a little high that I don't have it either. I just don't know, but I do get tired of being accused of not eating enough. I eat tons! All the time :]

Chelsayyy93
And they tested me for Diabetes but they said even though my blood sugar was a little high that I don't have it either. I just don't know, but I do get tired of being accused of not eating enough. I eat tons! All the time :]

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93
<br />And they tested me for Diabetes but they said even though my blood sugar was a little high that I don't have it either. I just don't know, but I do get tired of being accused of not eating enough. I eat tons! All the time :]

Cerulean
10-09-2009, 02:28 AM
I used to be told that my BS was "a little high". A few years later *BAM*- diabetes. When your dr. tells you that you are "a little high" that basically means you are pre-diabetic.

Cerulean
I used to be told that my BS was "a little high". A few years later *BAM*- diabetes. When your dr. tells you that you are "a little high" that basically means you are pre-diabetic.

Cerulean

Cerulean

Cerulean

minichic
10-21-2009, 09:48 PM
how many enzymes are on they found out i was taking to many and when they backed me down i started gaining weight

hope this helps

minichic
how many enzymes are on they found out i was taking to many and when they backed me down i started gaining weight

hope this helps

minichic

hope this helps

minichic

hope this helps

minichic
<br />
<br />hope this helps