PDA

View Full Version : Burkholderia Cepacia Multi Vorans Genomovar 2

anonymous
10-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Has anybody got this particular strain of cepacia and if so could you tell me how long you've had it, how it has affected your health, what has worked medications wise and what hasn't etc etc. Just after any information in general really and would appreciate any responses. I was diagnosed with it about 4 months ago while in hospital for my first party with IV's. I'm now sick again but am only culturing moderate cepacia, i seem to have gotten rid of my staph and pseudo that I also had while in hospiatal. My doc said i caught it early this time and has therefore put me on oral meds this time - cipro and one i've never heard of before called Cefeclor. After two weeks of these i didn't feel 100% better so asked for another two weeks worth which I just started today.........fingers crossed it works and i don't need IV's again. Thanks heaps.

anonymous
10-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi i'm 29 i first grew capacia in 1994 and still have it not many treatments work for me but i keep quite well i have treatment every 2-3 months I work full time i also have a few other nasty bugs but i keep too busy to let them beat me.
Take care

anonymous
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks for your reply - do you know what genomovar of cepacia you have? The most common is Genomovar 3, otherwise known as cenocepacia, however I have the second most common, genomovar 2 or multivorans. Another thing i'm curious about - I no longer culture either staph or pseudonomoas, just this cepacia and i wondered if this is normal for those infected with cepacia - do you know? I thought being the beast cepacia is it might actually 'feast' on the other bugs or something like that....................

anonymous
10-26-2005, 09:35 PM
When my son first cultured Cepacia( genomovar 3) He also no longer cultured pseudomonous or staph, which he had cultured since he was a baby. His doctor believed that the "beast" of Cepacia was so strong that it actually sent them into hiding in a since. Basically, the Cepacia overpowered the other bacteria.