PDA

View Full Version : Insurance difficulties

lovingBenandCambree
09-01-2005, 12:58 PM
As of today my insurance is being changed. The only place that I can go in the state does not take this insurance. The insurance will cover 80% after I hit $2000.00 and then 100% after we hit $5000.00 but we really just don't have that kind of cash to fork out every year and I have been going in the hospital quite a bit in the past two years I was just wondering if anyone new any tricks or how to appeal. I do know that I am still very fortunate to have such good coverage but compared to what I had before it is a slap in the face. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Emilee with 2 E's

anonymous
09-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Some times the hospital will write off your portion. After one of my hospital stays when I was in college I was suppose to pay almost $2000 from my pocket. I applied with the billing department at the hospital and after showing them my income verses my debts they wrote off the entire amount that I owed. You can check with the hospital and see if they have any programs that will help pay for hospital stays.

-Ann 25 w/cf

JazzysMom
09-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Most definitely check with the hospital. All hospitals are required to give away a certain amount of "charity care" to be gauranteed any type of government money. By us the original charity program was called the Hill Burton Program. When that obligation was met, the hospital then offered another charity care program. They all required an application & proof of income. The Hill Burton was stricter because that fell into federal/state guidelines like Medicaid. The other was up to hospital officials to set the guidelines. For us the doctors werent covered. These programs were only covering the "hospital" portion of bills whether it be outpatient or inpatient. Doctors fees were always seperate & never covered.