PDA

View Full Version : Energy

serendipity730
04-24-2005, 11:36 AM
I think that this has been discussed here before, but sometimes I just feel like I have no energy. I'm not in really bad health, though (PFT's around 70.) Has anyone ever tried any of those adreline drinks? That has always seemed like a bad idea to me, but I'm kinda at the point where I feel desperate. Anyway, anyone else have any tricks for helping to stay awake when you are really tired?

timmy
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
seems like you need to get metabolism jumpstarted. Yes those drinks or strong dosage of caffine will not hurt if u can handle it. although make sure u don't have dibetis things like that

anonymous
04-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi Mary,
I definitely go through times where I have very low energy as well. I have had them as long as I can remember, even when I was younger and my pfts were better than they are now (fev1~50) I used to fight it, but now am sort of resigned to just respecting my body and trying to get more rest if possible when I feel like that. It does pass eventually. Sometimes it is tied to when I am having an exacerbation and other times it seems unrelated. I have never figured out a definite pattern! Sorry I don't have any good advice, but you are certainly not alone! I haven't used the high caffeine/adrenaline drinks, I figure my body is sending me a message, and if it is tired, it needs to rest, so I try not to resort to artificial means. Hope this helps.

Kim
40 w/cf

timmy
04-26-2005, 04:08 AM
if your stomach can tolerate the coffee in the morning, u sort of use it as a tool to get the blood flowing, and then your body can sort of take over and metabolize calories faster