PDA

View Full Version : Gallstones and Gallbladder

Giggles
03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
So I have had a change in my gastro complications over that last couple years so to make a long story short my doc wants me to get an ultrasound of my gallbladder to see if there are any gallstones. If none are there then I have to get a HIDA Scan and if that comes clean then back to a gastro doctor to address my stomach.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Giggles
So I have had a change in my gastro complications over that last couple years so to make a long story short my doc wants me to get an ultrasound of my gallbladder to see if there are any gallstones. If none are there then I have to get a HIDA Scan and if that comes clean then back to a gastro doctor to address my stomach.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles
<br />
<br />Anyone have any experience with this?
<br />
<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

mom2lillian
03-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Yes I had issues but mine occured with pain. They did all the tests to see if it was gallstones and it all came back negative, after we ruled everything else out I demanded to have it taken out and since CF has a high likelihood of it being gallstones and I was having a ton pain/problems they agreed. Only after going in (they scheduled my surgery way out and I ended up in the ER with intolerable pain, weight loss, inability hold down food or pain meds) for the surgery did they find gallstones.

mom2lillian
Yes I had issues but mine occured with pain. They did all the tests to see if it was gallstones and it all came back negative, after we ruled everything else out I demanded to have it taken out and since CF has a high likelihood of it being gallstones and I was having a ton pain/problems they agreed. Only after going in (they scheduled my surgery way out and I ended up in the ER with intolerable pain, weight loss, inability hold down food or pain meds) for the surgery did they find gallstones.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

Giggles
03-15-2010, 11:54 PM
I do not have any incredable pain. yes,sometimes I get a really bad stomach ache with bad pain but mainly my symptoms are light/clay colored stools, loss of weight, slight loss of appetite, needing miralax, slight constipation, some stomach aches and MAJOR gas. Once in awhile nausea. Ugh,

I guess I will go in for the ultrasound and see what is what.

Thanks!

Giggles
I do not have any incredable pain. yes,sometimes I get a really bad stomach ache with bad pain but mainly my symptoms are light/clay colored stools, loss of weight, slight loss of appetite, needing miralax, slight constipation, some stomach aches and MAJOR gas. Once in awhile nausea. Ugh,

Thanks!

Giggles

Thanks!

Giggles

Thanks!

Giggles
<br />
<br />I guess I will go in for the ultrasound and see what is what.
<br />
<br />Thanks!
<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

chrissyd
03-16-2010, 12:37 AM
I had mine removed when I was 16. I had some pain, but A LOT of gas. My dr diagnosed it my first appointment, she asked about the 5 Fs (I think these are the ones, I believe you can look it up)

Fat
Forty and up
Female
Fertile (has something to do with hormones?)
Family

I was chubby at the time, obviously I am female and I was on birth control. Now I didn't have a family history (although when I was in my 20s my aunts had to have theirs out and so did 1 of my cousins). She commented that even though 16 was younger than the norm that it was possible with my symptoms. I did not have a HIDA, but my husband did two years ago. He had a stone blocking the bile duct...

chrissyd
I had mine removed when I was 16. I had some pain, but A LOT of gas. My dr diagnosed it my first appointment, she asked about the 5 Fs (I think these are the ones, I believe you can look it up)

Fat
Forty and up
Female
Family

I was chubby at the time, obviously I am female and I was on birth control. Now I didn't have a family history (although when I was in my 20s my aunts had to have theirs out and so did 1 of my cousins). She commented that even though 16 was younger than the norm that it was possible with my symptoms. I did not have a HIDA, but my husband did two years ago. He had a stone blocking the bile duct...

chrissyd

Fat
Forty and up
Female
Family

chrissyd

Fat
Forty and up
Female
Family

chrissyd
<br />
<br />Fat
<br />Forty and up
<br />Female
<br />Fertile (has something to do with hormones?)
<br />Family
<br />
<br />I was chubby at the time, obviously I am female and I was on birth control. Now I didn't have a family history (although when I was in my 20s my aunts had to have theirs out and so did 1 of my cousins). She commented that even though 16 was younger than the norm that it was possible with my symptoms. I did not have a HIDA, but my husband did two years ago. He had a stone blocking the bile duct...