PDA

View Full Version : Pseudomonas Sensitivity

Ajax
09-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Rami and i was wondering why does the pseudomonas test still positive after taking an antibiotic which is supposed sensitive to . My pseudomonas sensitivity test always shows that it is sensitive to cipro and still tests + after taking the cipro for 20 days. The same thing happened with iv antibiotics!

Drea
09-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Hi Rami,We have been told that once you have pseudo you always have it if you were fully colonized with it. That said, My daughter cultured it but about a year ago her culture cam back negative. 4 months ago another sputum test showed she was still free of it. I think it is because she has been on Inhaled Tobi for a long long time. (we alternate every other month with bactrum. Hope this helpsAndrea

Merlin
09-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Sorry to say, but once you have a full colony of pseudo, you dont get rid of it. Its very rare for people who have a full colony to get rid of it.. the longer its there the rarer it is to get rid of it. I have cultured pseudo for over 8 years now.. I have +++ (which is the most you can have.. 3/3) and no matter what drugs I take I cant even make a dent.Try talking to your doctor about how much there is and possible more tough regiments of drugs.Good luck,